For those Ex 1 students who cant burn english texts till monday 31st (1 Viewer)

suhini

HSC
clairebear said:
biggest anti-climax in the world.

everyone around me in the exam room: "hooray never have to do english again!"

me: "get fucked. i hate you all"

and im usually a very chirpy nice person.

cant wait to run over my postmodernism folder repeatedly with my car on the muddiest most pot-holey road i can find. should be fan-fucking-tastic. bring on extension 1, can't wait to see the binder snap.

however, ripping essay plans off my walls for journeys and modules was excellent pre-therapy... but sadly, much like a guy who has a problem with premature ejactulation being coupled with a girl who want to go at it for hours - all fun and games until theres nothing left :(

but needless to say, shredding my gwen whorewood collection of poems was deeply satisfying...
omg... i feel your god damn fucking pain!!!!!!

post modernism is the most annoying topic of all time! i dunno why i didnt drop it!!!

*goes and hits head on the nearest wall*

HSC
Oh i know exactly why i didn't drop it- English ext 2 was my favourite, favourite subject, so i had to keep ext 1.. luckily, i have 12 units, so it's not going to count.

Originally Posted by taxman
I know exactly how you feel. On a plus note, we'll be the last people in NSW to have finished their HSC's. That, at least, is something.

yeah i suppose- last people to finish the hsc.... and ive got economics on the same day!! woohoo

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
doing speculative fiction and it's the shittest topic ever.. i ahvent even written my essay.. i useto like extension.. until i screwed the trials.. i havent even written an essay :(

i'll start tmrw.

22 DAYS TILL THIS SHIT'S OVER.

amy rose

taxman said:
I know exactly how you feel. On a plus note, we'll be the last people in NSW to have finished their HSC's. That, at least, is something.
How is that a good thing? it just means my friends will all be going to the beach and ill still be studying! that certainly sounds like a negative......gosh i really must be a pessimist if i cant see the good in it.

also, does anyone know if we will need to write on 2 or 3 prescribed texts in the essay section? i do RFTG and our teacher sad learn all 3 but i already know 2 well and cant be motivated to do the 3rd.....anyone know?

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
I prefer extension to advanced, but still its such an anti climax to have yet ANOTHER english exam to complete
On the upside i will never have to think about bloody people who cant confrom to society and it will be my last exam soo woo hoo party time
i dunno bout whatever topic u are doing, but my teacher told us to learn all three texts for Individual in Society AND two of our own texts... fun fun

al_x

short*
HSC
oh DAMN STRAIGHT!!! death to all those people that don't do extension... and I'm sure all u guys that are doing crime fiction will agree with me that they don't call it "the Big Sleep" because of all the murders.
I haven't even studied for extension yet... and my head is till full of "two roads divergerd in a yellow wood" and everywhere I go since we finished paper one I hear the word "journey".. on tv, at the movies, on the radio. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...
Anyways yeah this sucks. Good luck to all u guys in the extension exam :). Can't wait to be done with english.. I'm going to go out and purchase a paper shredder and shred all my notes before burning them WHOOHOO

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm in the Eng Ext boat too...the funny thing is, I love Ext for the depth of thinking it encourages, unlike Adv, which is just sooooooo shallow but I don't actually do any work for it and it's gonna have to count because my state ranking in Music 2 is not good enough to count....grr......I have to go and immerse myself in A Doll's House and Browning and The Mill on the Floss and Pygmalion, hmm....at least there's one hour per question so that's good. I only wish Adv was like that.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
al_x said:
oh DAMN STRAIGHT!!! death to all those people that don't do extension... and I'm sure all u guys that are doing crime fiction will agree with me that they don't call it "the Big Sleep" because of all the murders. I haven't even studied for extension yet... and my head is till full of "two roads divergerd in a yellow wood" and everywhere I go since we finished paper one I hear the word "journey".. on tv, at the movies, on the radio. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...
Anyways yeah this sucks. Good luck to all u guys in the extension exam :). Can't wait to be done with english.. I'm going to go out and purchase a paper shredder and shred all my notes before burning them WHOOHOO
HAHA!!! It's so true!

I loved doing some of CF. I won't do too well in the exam, but i enjoyed studying it throughout the year.

But still having ext really did take away from the joys of finishing adv eng :(

e_mccaig

eww extension

I don't get how i have become so horribly bad at advanced but still manage to do well in extension. i plan to make the shredder burn-out after the extension exam! horray last exam!

darkroomgirl

HSC
amy rose said:
How is that a good thing? it just means my friends will all be going to the beach and ill still be studying! that certainly sounds like a negative......gosh i really must be a pessimist if i cant see the good in it.

also, does anyone know if we will need to write on 2 or 3 prescribed texts in the essay section? i do RFTG and our teacher sad learn all 3 but i already know 2 well and cant be motivated to do the 3rd.....anyone know?
Usually just two. I'm doing Shipping News and Heaney's poetry. I really wanted to do The Castle but yeah... I think poetry and prose are better for the responses we're expected to come up with.

amy rose

kewl thanks for the feedback....im doing shipping news and the castle and the extra 3rd is the seamus heaney poetry so maybe i should do it if thats the most relevant.....

rusty_rouge

HSC
Hehe yeah - but Extension is better than advanced in my opinion, lol.
Module A: Crime fiction Genre - we're allllmost there...one more essay and one more story. That's it.

Hey - with the relatively simple text types for advanced papers - what are the odds they give us a really horrible one for extension next monday? :S

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
rusty_rouge said:
Hey - with the relatively simple text types for advanced papers - what are the odds they give us a really horrible one for extension next monday? :S

Ugh, please please please don't jinx it! If you end up being right, i'm totally coming to get you! :p

leeoh

HSC
rusty_rouge said:
Hehe yeah - but Extension is better than advanced in my opinion, lol.
Module A: Crime fiction Genre - we're allllmost there...one more essay and one more story. That's it.

Hey, im on the same boat too... i do crime fiction too.
Are u sure it's one essay and one creative?.... because in the past i've seen 2 essay questions.
1 on genre
and one on genre: Crime fiction.... weird??

And the other thing... everyone else doing crime fiction... do we have to know 3 prescibed texts or 2??...and how many related?

Goodluck to you all.

ieatdirt

english

i love english.. i cant get enough of it. i wish there was a paper 3 so there could be more english to study and more texts to read and they should have extended the exams to make them 5 hours because i love english so much.

i cant wait until extension 1 exam, ive been counting the days since term 4 last year!! a dream come true, this is what you live for guys!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG soo excited. I also wish there was an extension 2 exam, write your own piece in the actual exam.. how exciting would that be! MORE STUDY! I LOVE IT! IT'S WHAT I LIVE FOR!!! I WISH WE COULD NEVER LEAVE SCHOOOOL!!! cos i love the study so much.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
ieatdirt said:
i love english.. i cant get enough of it. i wish there was a paper 3 so there could be more english to study and more texts to read and they should have extended the exams to make them 5 hours because i love english so much.

i cant wait until extension 1 exam, ive been counting the days since term 4 last year!! a dream come true, this is what you live for guys!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG soo excited. I also wish there was an extension 2 exam, write your own piece in the actual exam.. how exciting would that be! MORE STUDY! I LOVE IT! IT'S WHAT I LIVE FOR!!! I WISH WE COULD NEVER LEAVE SCHOOOOL!!! cos i love the study so much.

Roflzone...

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
al_x said:
oh DAMN STRAIGHT!!! death to all those people that don't do extension... and I'm sure all u guys that are doing crime fiction will agree with me that they don't call it "the Big Sleep" because of all the murders.
I haven't even studied for extension yet... and my head is till full of "two roads divergerd in a yellow wood" and everywhere I go since we finished paper one I hear the word "journey".. on tv, at the movies, on the radio. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...

man extension can be a breeze if you know your related texts, i still gotta find them (i do individual and society-pride and prejudice movie and doll's house play). its kinda alrite coz you can make up alot of stuff, but along with it being relatively easy, it can get pretty boring and repetitive at times. oh well, can't wait till its overr!!!!!

suhini

HSC
ieatdirt said:

omg... i am srsly backing away from u slowly now... * breaks into a sprint in the opp. direction!* LOL jokes...but still....if ONLY i had this attitude to all my subjects a 100 uai would be so achievable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)