For those from Western Sydney burbs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Just to refresh my memory, for EE2. I used to live in Fairfield but it's been a long while since I've gone back and gotten the feel of the place, also, I lived in the same house for about 13 years so I'm running low on variety. Thanks in advance! :D

A few things:
The suburb you live in
Best / worst things about it
Is it a safe place?
Is it multicultural?
Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit?
General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area?

Thanks again dudes :)

bored6

HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Just to refresh my memory, for EE2. I used to live in Fairfield but it's been a long while since I've gone back and gotten the feel of the place, also, I lived in the same house for about 13 years so I'm running low on variety. Thanks in advance! :D

A few things:
The suburb you live in
Is it a safe place?
Is it multicultural?

Thanks again dudes :)
Hey - thanks for the sterotypical conclusions!

Heres an equally sterotypical answer:

- Penrith

- Best things : Plenty of fights / alcohol / socio-economic disadvantage

- Worst things : "Dem city cunts" / Muslims / Lines at Centrelink

- Is it a safe place : Hell no! Why else would you deliberately ask? Dragons roam the streets at night while bridge passing is supervised due to an influx of trolls.

- Is it multicultural : Whats mUlTiCuLtUrAl? mEaN?

- Do the neighbours keep to themselves..: Depending on whether there is fighting / alcohol to fight over / if the Muslims across the road are out / lines at Centrelink.

- Socio-economic status of area : Shithouse.

Hope that helped.

Sofstar

HSC
A few things:
The suburb you live in: Fairfield (not exactly but near there)

Best / worst things about it:

Best: Has alot of necessity shops, plenty of transport and a very family based area.

Worst: Crime and the so very obvious amount of picking up that goes on in food courts.

Is it a safe place?: No. Safest would be the train station in the morning during peak hour (7am ish)

Is it multicultural?: Yes

Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit?: My neighbours interact a fair bit.

General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area?: Alot of the elderly

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
A few things:
The suburb you live in - Bossley Park
Best / worst things about it - Close to all modern commodities.
Is it a safe place? - I've heard of things, but have seen nothing. So, Yes very safe.
Is it multicultural? - Yah
Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit? - Depends. They're not intrusive though.
General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area? - Usually Small/Mid-Sized families.

nathanbalam

Theif
HSC
The The suburb you live in: Emu Heights
Best / worst things about it: Best: Quiet, 24/7 quix :p.
Worst: Has liek nothing in it :p
Is it a safe place? Yeah. Cept for that curt kid that got bashed to death..Ha!
Is it multicultural?Not really. Sort of
Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit?keep to themselves
General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area? loler heads.:bomb:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
bored6 said:
Hey - thanks for the sterotypical conclusions!
LOL! No problem! Next time I spend 14 years of my life in Fairfield I'll try to take in the glory a bit more. For the record there are a lot of things I love about the west that make me want to move back there.
At the same time, I'll say I feel immensely safer where I am now than I did before (to use an example from my list of questions) but that's not been the case with everybody I talked to (including a bunch of buddies from my old school). Do you feel threatened if I ask you whether you're right walking around at night? Do you think perhaps some people - 16 year old females, like myself, for instance - don't? Or, just maybe, if they do?
The point is, I'm all for a full scope of answers. And I myself have lived in places with friendly neighbours and with grumpy silent ones, rich people, poor people (us being the poor people living next door to the rich ones, for instance), apartment buildings where 3/4 the neighbours were Spanish, as well as quite varied "multicultural" places, so to speak. Also I don't have a problem with Muslims (or Centrelink), although I suspect you might have some underlying issues, and anyway you sound retarded even bringing that up. But thanks for the answers! Penrith sounds like mad fun. :wave:

On a lighter note, thanks to the people who responded without their eyeballs exploding. :)

HSC
nathanbalam said:
The The suburb you live in: Emu Heights
Best / worst things about it: Best: Quiet, 24/7 quix :p.
Worst: Has liek nothing in it :p
Is it a safe place? Yeah. Cept for that curt kid that got bashed to death..Ha!
Is it multicultural?Not really. Sort of
Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit?keep to themselves
General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area? loler heads.:bomb:
yeah agree totally, it is cut off from stupid penrith what a ridiculous place. we like to distance ourselves from them!

bored6

HSC
WTF!bbq said:
LOL! No problem! Next time I spend 14 years of my life in Fairfield I'll try to take in the glory a bit more. For the record there are a lot of things I love about the west that make me want to move back there.
At the same time, I'll say I feel immensely safer where I am now than I did before (to use an example from my list of questions) but that's not been the case with everybody I talked to (including a bunch of buddies from my old school). Do you feel threatened if I ask you whether you're right walking around at night? Do you think perhaps some people - 16 year old females, like myself, for instance - don't? Or, just maybe, if they do?
The point is, I'm all for a full scope of answers. And I myself have lived in places with friendly neighbours and with grumpy silent ones, rich people, poor people (us being the poor people living next door to the rich ones, for instance), apartment buildings where 3/4 the neighbours were Spanish, as well as quite varied "multicultural" places, so to speak. Also I don't have a problem with Muslims (or Centrelink), although I suspect you might have some underlying issues, and anyway you sound retarded even bringing that up. But thanks for the answers! Penrith sounds like mad fun. :wave:

On a lighter note, thanks to the people who responded without their eyeballs exploding. :)
Lollers.

Far from my eyeballs exploding - I was bored and wanted a rise out of someone who seemed vunerable. Thank you for validating what I thought would've been a waste of time.

:wave:

P.S. Penrith does suck.

nathanbalam

Theif
HSC
bored6 said:
Lollers.

Far from my eyeballs exploding - I was bored and wanted a rise out of someone who seemed vunerable. Thank you for validating what I thought would've been a waste of time.

:wave:

P.S. Penrith does suck.

Im sure dear algard would rather live in ancient times. His brother would be Plutarch and Xenophon his cousin. A collaboration of physique, intelligence and criticism. He would Superceed the greats of the era. He would be so holy that he would ascend into heaven to be seated at the right hand of the father.:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The suburb you live in
Mulgoa
Best: Large open space not too far from the city.
Worst: It's still pretty damn far.
Is it a safe place?
Yes
Is it multicultural?
No
Neighbours used to interact a fair bit (despite there being some distance between them) but there's been some fights.
Retiree's and young couples with small children mainly.

HSC
nathanbalam said:
Im sure dear algard would rather live in ancient times. His brother would be Plutarch and Xenophon his cousin. A collaboration of physique, intelligence and criticism. He would Superceed the greats of the era. He would be so holy that he would ascend into heaven to be seated at the right hand of the father.:)
yes so true! and agamendnon would be his father, with xena his mother. hail to the cheif!

oh hossana alguardian, praise to you oh king of vocabularly, sultan of speech. master of maturity.

i bet he could have made some form of ancient currency, with his bloody face on it. probably make his own form of government as well, something along the lines of communism but like all communists alguard they fall so smack that my little historian.

nathanbalam

Theif
HSC
extraordinary07 said:
yes so true! and agamendnon would be his father, with xena his mother. hail to the cheif!

oh hossana alguardian, praise to you oh king of vocabularly, sultan of speech. master of maturity.

i bet he could have made some form of ancient currency, with his bloody face on it. probably make his own form of government as well, something along the lines of communism but like all communists alguard they fall so smack that my little historian.

Algard - " Debens? who the fuck would be so primitve as to use a syphillis infested currency. Why, we need to run with the times. We shall never be able to gain global dominance and the most powerful empire. An empire so powerful! That God himself would not cross paths with its collosal figure"

God - " who the fuck does this little impotent atheist think he is? The architect? I granted him clemency and he spat in my face. Horrid desolate Creten. Jesus died for him, and he'd rather think about having adulterous relations with Hamlet. a "fag", for lack of a better word, is an unnatural being that was raped as a child."

What Eventuates: *Hairy hand of God squelches the little intellect as he squirms and asks for help from the heathen gods.*

Evaluation: Beneficial kill for the Godhead.

Amen: " "

Bank$

HSC
The suburb you live in: WESTMEAD
Best / worst things about it: QUIET BUT NOT ISOLATED, CLOSE TO PARRA
Is it a safe place? USED TO BE BUT CHANGING
Is it multicultural? YES (VERY)
Do the neighbours keep to themselves or interact a fair bit? INTERACT
General age/career groups and socio-economic status of your area? TAX EVADING BUILDERS WITH NICE HOUSES, INDIANS AND CHINESE KNOCKING DOWN AND BUILDING HOUSES, QUIET OLDER PPL, FAMILIES

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
The suburb you live in
Eastwood. (is that classed as western sydney?? i live in the parra council part)

Best: Asian food, multiculturalism.
Worst: bad drivers.

Is it a safe place?
Yes.

Is it multicultural?
Very.

Interact.

I've got no idea.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
The suburb you live in:
Rooty Hill'

best
- hmm.. local shops that comes in handy. it's quite a safe place.
worst - hmm, it can look a bit dirty sometimes.

Is it a safe place?
I'd say so. Apart from friday nights when people at the pub would be drinking their arse off, but i'de say its still safe coz you can probably run faster than them. =)

Is it multicultural?
yehp.

i'de say 30-40% of the people know each other pretty well in the area.

hmm, there are a lot more younger to about 50s in the area.
ide say 90% working class people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)