For those prospective UNSW students who just got their ATARs (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
It isn't fair tbh. But then again you have to deal with it, not much you can do about it. After all, its highest ATAR first, lowest ATAR last (on selection panel, taking into account HSC plus, EAS and EAP).
Hmmm I see. Well then, I guess I will take advantage of my bonus points. I have 8 from a program I did there, and 5 bonus points. Hopefully that guarantees a spot!

Also, is it hard to make friends when you start Uni? It is so different you know.

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm I see. Well then, I guess I will take advantage of my bonus points. I have 8 from a program I did there, and 5 bonus points. Hopefully that guarantees a spot!

Also, is it hard to make friends when you start Uni? It is so different you know.
it may be difficult, but once you get to know ppl, you'll start to know more and more people.

It helps more especially if you know lots of selective school ppl, they're just a part of the herd all heading to UNSW

Bec Johnston

HSC
Thanks, this is all really helpful stuff :)

I know we have to do 4 courses per semester, are we doing them all simultaneously throughout the 19 weeks of the semester??

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, this is all really helpful stuff :)

I know we have to do 4 courses per semester, are we doing them all simultaneously throughout the 19 weeks of the semester??
12 weeks?

And yeah 4 courses concurrently.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
wow why are the law lectures so small? are students meant to discuss/provide input or something?
http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/current/LAWS1052.html

The smaller the class the more input there is from each student. But this number rises in later courses.

As for the lecturers --> Cripps, Huggins and Simmonds all chill
Cripps --> A lot of classwork + discussion (easy class participation marks) and finish 10-15 mins early on many occasions.
Huggins --> Heaps of presentations on PowerPoint and given opportunity to get CP marks through individual presentation
Simmonds --> Apparently he spoon feeds stuff (this class always fills up early)

Last edited:

Meshy590

HSC
For Eco/Law, there are 6 compulsory courses, and you do 3 each semester. Can you choose the order in which you do these courses?

D94

HSC
N/A
For Eco/Law, there are 6 compulsory courses, and you do 3 each semester. Can you choose the order in which you do these courses?
Yes, but you need to look out for any prerequisite subjects, i.e. you have to do ECON1101 in order to do ECON1102, therefore, you should do ECON1101 in first semester.

Poops

HSC
Hi guys! So our ATAR results are out and I've calculated that even with bonus points, I probably won't make it into the course. I'm genuinely interested in this course (i.e. not trying to get into med) and I just personally like UNSW (not trying to come off as being narrow-minded ).

I'm positive I can get into Med science at UTS as well as Bachelor of Science at UNSW.

How hard is it to transfer from UTS med science to UNSW med science? Can you apply after one semester? Or would you have to complete a whole year?

Since the Science course at UNSW offers some of the majors I'm interested in (ones that I would've found myself studying through Med science), I'm considering just doing it and hopefully trying to apply for an internal transfer. If I even can, it would save the trouble of adjusting to a whole new university and whatnot.

Is the second pathway possible? And if so, out of the two, which option seems easiest?

Thanks in advance!

D94

HSC
N/A
Internal transfer is much easier if you don't meet the ATAR requirement. You'll have to wait until the end of the year to transfer.

Note that you can still complete courses for that UNSW program, even though you're enrolled in another. They don't restrict your selections (except for like medicine courses and really specific programs). This way, you won't need to spend extra time at university, and you won't run the risk of completing courses at another uni which won't be credited towards the UNSW program.

kenkap

HSC
i am confident that ill make it to UNSW however i am going overseas from 7th jan to 25th feb...can enrollment be done online or should it be in person?

D94

HSC
N/A
i am confident that ill make it to UNSW however i am going overseas from 7th jan to 25th feb...can enrollment be done online or should it be in person?
All online.

But you'll need a TFN, so if you haven't got one yet, that will need to be done in person (like at a tax office or centre link), unless you live in greater Melbourne region, Albury or Wagga Wagga.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)