For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

HSC
What's the deal with identical twins, since they share the exact same genetic make up. If one is gay, would it be fair to assume that both are gay?

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Not to mention that the common understanding is that it is to do with early brain development in the womb and such (in combination with genetic predisposition).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
if it was genetic, then wouldn't homosexuals have died out?
and yet it exists throughout the animal kingdom...

Homosexuality can be of a benefit to species that live in groups as it provides another adult male to protect the group from predators without competing with for reproductive rights.

Name_Taken

HSC
if it was genetic, then wouldn't homosexuals have died out?
If it were genetic, would they even have been born in the first instance?

All the crap aside, its a behaviour. It's cause, if indeed has one, has not been shown, and is only hinted at by current research, and even if it is shown to be partely biological, it is no excuse for those who engage in its physical manifestations. People have genetic predispositions to alcohol abuse and violence - it isn't an excuse.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
No it isn't lol why do you have such a poor grasp of science/ reality

there is a genetic predispostion to homosexuality lol it doesn't mean you will 100% be gay lol
I did not select the correct wording, i should of said interesting.

Durga

HSC

All the crap aside, its a behaviour. It's cause, if indeed has one, has not been shown, and is only hinted at by current research, and even if it is shown to be partely biological, it is no excuse for those who engage in its physical manifestations. People have genetic predispositions to alcohol abuse and violence - it isn't an excuse.
Since you're Catholic, I'm going to assume you know evolution is true (actually, I know you accept evolution, because the Pope said so). This leads me to believe you also know that genes can be suppressed, and turn up in later generations. Considering the fact your very Church has long history of either converting or burning homosexuals, if homosexuality was genetic, and your Church converted a homosexual, the gene would have continued on.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Except alcohol abuse and violence have negetive social outcomes. Yay gaydom!

ilikebeeef

HSC

You speak of homosexuality as if it's a crime. But it's not a crime.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
But he's saying that homosexuality is a conscious choice. People don't exactly choose to have mental disorders.
So are you saying it's a mental disorder? I say it is a choice as you can choose to engage in homosexual activities.

I don't hate homos and people that pick their nose btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)