Forced to drop to Standard by School (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
News flash I survive the purge and remain in Advanced!

This week when I came back I realised heaps of people and their parents called and emailed the school about this. They had a meeting with everyone yesterday who got a letter sent home because they got less than 70, which was alot of people like around 60 to 70 people.

The Head Teacher said if we want to remain in Advanced we have to do well in the 3 Assesments coming up or otherwise she will 'actually' move us down for next year. Don't know if that can happen anymore or its just a plain threat?

Besides that been working really like I am I mean seriously hard in English. Been lately practicing hard my literally techniques and fixing my creative.
They can still move you down if you do bad

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
BTW when it comes to subject selection, I've heard mixed rumours, such as they can't force you to drop a subject without your free will and such. If you are forced out of a subject when you actually want to do the subject what actions can you take (I'm referring to all the kids who go to public schools, not private since they systems are somewhat different)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A band 6 in Adv is around 79 raw. A band 6 in standard is about 85 raw. Now take into account the fact that standard is easier than advanced. What does that tell you?
Actually that's wrong

The marks in standard get dragged down due to the aligning process involved

See here how a 93 in standard (raw) became a 91

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Actually that's wrong

The marks in standard get dragged down due to the aligning process involved

See here how a 93 in standard (raw) became a 91

Marks definitely do not get dragged down and that person obviously got dragged down by assessment mark.

Bluee

HSC
I just wanted to finish this thread on a high note and say I made it to rank 23/152 for Yr 12 in Adv English overall compared to my sour Yr 11 performance.

Teachers asked me to drop to Standard and even a so-called 'friend' who I initially sought support from and simply turned on me, accusing me off trying to drag the entire cohort if I stayed in Adv. I beat that so-called friend in Adv English and posted to them screen shots of their mean messages from 6 months ago, to their own consternation and embarrassment.

I eventually got one on one tutoring and from working my ass off day and night, I ended up acing most of my Adv English exams from Term 4 onward to Trials.

My horrible results and threats to be dropped down ultimately transformed me into a more hardworking and dedicated student for Yr 12 and beyond. Sometimes you need hardships and failures for motivation and future success, it certainly helped me in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)