• Ford

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Holden

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i think it's great they're importing the V8 Supercars overseas. it's selling our product to the world.

SlipStream

HSC
transcendent said:
i think it's great they're importing the V8 Supercars overseas. it's selling our product to the world.
Well not really when you can't buy Falcons or Commodores there.

It's just AVESCO trying to make V8SC more profitable. It IS a business, afterall - but they still also have to take the fans into consideration a lot more, we MAKE their business.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
FORD - First On Race(/Rally) Day.

I always supported Ford but I don't know why. I also HATE Skaife more than Michael Schumacher and I HATE Holden fans.
My god argo! I can't believe I agree with you about something!!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
WOOOOO go Ford!!! lol but i have a biased opinion, lol owning a ford, but i dont care. The poll speaks thruth. :D:D:D:D

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i also think its funny how the holden derros have to resort to pathetic acrostics for FORD.

SlipStream

HSC
datAsianGuy said:
hey slipstream??? you a V8s man or you like fried rice??? Turbos or supers??? these are the questions plaguing the car industry today.... sorry... im feeling way philisophical
I used to be into V8s - my dad had an EL XR8, AU XR8 and then a T3 TE50 - but I saw the light and realised how inefficient they are. I hate inefficient cars. The breaking point was a ride in my uncle's 480kW R32 GT-R Skyline, which was absolutely insane, and I began to appreciate Japanese cars. Now my dad drives an MY05 WRX, which has nothing on the TE50, but if you ask me is more fun to drive. My next car will be a Subaru Brumby, in which I'm going to drop an EJ20T (2.0L boxer 4-cyl turbo) and do the outside up for a subtle appearance. Should be good! I like the fact that on a turbo you press a button for more power (turbo timer), however it gets much more complicated to do the same for a blower. I find turbos more interesting than blowers, too.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Argonaut said:
FORD - First On Race(/Rally) Day.

I always supported Ford but I don't know why. I also HATE Skaife more than Michael Schumacher and I HATE Holden fans because they think Holdens are better than Fords in racing when Ford builds most of their rear axle, and most of the engine is a Chevy. I also HATE Holden for what they did to the sport - Ford used to wipe the floor with them and CAMS (the main governing body) made them shave 10 mm off part of the car to make the field closer together - then when Holdens kicked the Fords for years, CAMS made them shave 2mm off a different part of their cars which did zilch, and CAMS failed to do anything about it. A lot of people then started to think that CAMS was simply letting Holden win because they were the more popular of the two brands.
i hate ambrose...he's a fuckin cocky shit, im not always admiring skaife either. I do hate ford fans who hate holden fans, because it's stupid.

P.s. may wanna check up their rear axles...me finks they're quite different to normal 9 inchers ;)

dont forget ford killed itself in the 80's pulling themselves out of motorsport in australia, and dropping the V8 from their line-up, they've been chasing holden ever since, and only recently have they had a decent car which to do that with (BA). Ford became controlled by the bean-counters during that time and only since 1999 (i think) with polites at the helm has ford really been serious about fixing their image, and caring what people got.

by the way, i used to go for holden, but lowndes moved and im now neutral :) so there we go, i think people who hate others for their choice should be kicked out, but i also think those who seriously put the other brand down should be pissed off too, to somewhere where they cant be heard :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
I used to be into V8s - my dad had an EL XR8, AU XR8 and then a T3 TE50 - but I saw the light and realised how inefficient they are. I hate inefficient cars. The breaking point was a ride in my uncle's 480kW R32 GT-R Skyline, which was absolutely insane, and I began to appreciate Japanese cars. Now my dad drives an MY05 WRX, which has nothing on the TE50, but if you ask me is more fun to drive. My next car will be a Subaru Brumby, in which I'm going to drop an EJ20T (2.0L boxer 4-cyl turbo) and do the outside up for a subtle appearance. Should be good! I like the fact that on a turbo you press a button for more power (turbo timer), however it gets much more complicated to do the same for a blower. I find turbos more interesting than blowers, too.
lol, interesting, but blowers are more consistent, even if they arent used as much in beserk road cars. That low surge from 1800rpm :p something thats generally missing from majority or tuh-boes

SlipStream

HSC
Yeh true - they develop the majority of their boost lower in the rev range and it develops on a more consistent curve, so there isn't a "rush" as in a turbo car. Most turbos are laggy, because it's not very fully sik to run them below about 0.7 bar (10psi +/-1psi). I'd rather a turbo than a supercharger.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
datAsianGuy said:
are you serious??? FORD??? I dont understand why anyone would waste their time.... ok...
HAHAH i'd like a clear precise, and accurate answer form you as to why owning a Ford is a waste of time.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
Yeh true - they develop the majority of their boost lower in the rev range and it develops on a more consistent curve, so there isn't a "rush" as in a turbo car. Most turbos are laggy, because it's not very fully sik to run them below about 0.7 bar (10psi +/-1psi). I'd rather a turbo than a supercharger.
yeh, but is the foundation for why people wanted to combine the two

crystel_angel

HSC
shortygb said:
well thats because the v8 supercars share nothing in common with the road cars, and thanks to Project Blue Print it has made ford equal if not better to holdens. i still think they should of held of PBP for a year to see how the BA comapreds to the VY, then they should introduce it if it is still holden dominated. you cant compare race cars to road cars, they are too diffrent.
lol do you know anything about the V8 challenge??? The whole point of it is that the cars must be available for sale and everything on it comes standard.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
crystel_angel said:
lol do you know anything about the V8 challenge??? The whole point of it is that the cars must be available for sale and everything on it comes standard.
what's the V8 challenge? isnt it a game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)