• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

formal after parties (1 Viewer)

helsie

HSC
hey, anyone know of a good venue that hires out for formal after-parties for 50-100 people and that allows alcohol to over 18s?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
and why the fuck would you hire a venue, when you just had your formal at a venue.
Just go to someone's house. And OMG over 18's and alcohol ay ;)

helsie

HSC
i didnt know where else to put this thread :( figured schoolies is a party...after school...and so is a formal after party lol

weve thought about peoples' houses but none of our parents will let us (gay) and some peoples' houses are too small anyways. and no one wants to clean up afterwards

DB10

HSC
mr_brightside said:
and why the fuck would you hire a venue, when you just had your formal at a venue.
Just go to someone's house. And OMG over 18's and alcohol ay ;)
lay off ay. retard

7th Sign

HSC
you have left it very late...all the good joints would be taken for after parties by now :D

for my year 12 after party was on some cruise ship thing they were pretty tight on the age limits of people....like every one over 18 had to wear arm bands lmao...was a rip off cost liek 40 bucks lol and the drinks were fuckin expensive!!!!!the chic who organised it musta pocked some serious cash.....
year 10 after party was better free alco at this cunts house scored like 10 cans of jd for free lmao, ruckas in the streets at 2am...cunts chasing us hahahaha

i reckon a house party would be good for a after party but finding some one whos gonna let their house be trashed and let randoms tear up shit is hard lol...

usually formals are on weekdays aswell which makes things even more trickey to organise house parties as peoples parents dont liek mid week things :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
helsie said:
hey, anyone know of a good venue that hires out for formal after-parties for 50-100 people and that allows alcohol to over 18s?
HAI CAMIRA LOLZ :wave:

bustinjustin

HSC
If you're holding your formal in the city, the Blackbird Cafe at Cockle Bay Wharf, Darling Harbour holds them. A guy had his birthday on the day of our formal, so he went to the trouble of organising an official one for everyone at the Blackbird for a mere $25 p.p, drinks not included (and they are very pricey there) but there was a continuous supply of food. Given the dearth of places that let both over and under 18's in, it was a great venue, those of legal age were simply given wristbands (and those underage were easily catered for). We had our formal at the Four Seasons and the dj there sucked, but the Blackbird was great, chalk and cheese. Party lasted til 3am, though by then only about 10-20 were left, most people lied about staying til the end and left earlier.

We didn't really book our party until this time of the year, so it's not too late. Cruises are an alternative, but the catch is you can't get off it if it sucks, better to stick to land. I don't know of many other venues that can host afterparties for all ages except the Cockle Bay wharf (Wallaby Bar does them too I think), but otherwise look around for licensed cafes, they're your best bet. An 'official' formal party is really only good if your year is tightknit and the majority will go, otherwise people will just have to organise hotel rooms and the like, which are a lot more expensive.

helsie

HSC
^ thanks for the advice. ive been to black bird cafe. didnt realise they did parties, thought just dinner, lunch etc. do they actually like turn it into a dance party?

and ye we were gona do a cruise but couldnt get enough people, cuz like you said, better on land.

but we found a place now. in the middle of organising it. its in the city and we need over 120 people so we gona invite half our year with partners ...

and i am not casmira! he's in uni, so why would he be having a formal after party you fag :p

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
helsie said:
and i am not casmira! he's in uni, so why would he be having a formal after party you fag :p
Exactly. Its the perfect cover story. Too perfect :santa: :ninja:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)