formal/graduation- how much are willing to spend? (1 Viewer)

how much?

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 100-200

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • 200-300

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

shona1990

HSC
Out of curiosity, where do you even FIND nice dresses under $150?!??

I never thought anything of the sort even existed.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
you just have to be really clever and have a good eye. my formal dress cost me $0 and it was probably the most well-made and best quality dress there, and it actually looked really different to everyone elses (i.e. shit and boring)

blacksunset

HSC
lol actually its the quality of the material that put the price up - as its pure silk, screw that satin bullshit.

and if u guys wanna diss me for it - then go for it, obviously it was good enough as i won best dressed and got a riddiculous amount of compliments for it.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
silk is actually not as expensive as you'd think...
i have a million silk things and none of them cost $1200

rozymisty

HSC
My school never gave us robes to wear to our graduation. THen again it was a dodgy gov school.
For my uni grad, we can either spend $50 I think to hire the gown on the day for like 3-4hrs, or we can hire one from the student guild for a wk for only $55! I know which option ill go with!

Well done for those of you who have finished school today. Take care of your mates if you are going to schoolies. Dont get too drunk. Its better to be sober and acutally remember the party than forget it coz your off your rocker on drugs and grog.

Odette1990

HSC
My graduation/formal is on the 21st of November, so far i've spent about $479 on the outfit (dress and matching jacket) and about $200 on shoes, still have to get my hair done, accessories... and possibly transportation... omg my poor parents lol :)

Last edited:

somewhereelse

HSC
blacksunset, you look gorgeous!

i think if you have the money for it then why the hell not?

obviously she prioritised the night over.. whatever else you people spend your money on, good for her.

my dress was 200, shoes 40 (payless, ftw!! and they're the most comfy heels ive ever put on my feet, i've already worn them out dancing all night) makeup.. i dont know, i need to buy two things from the lancome counter so probably like 80 im thinking, unless i can convince mother she needs some new perfume, hair 50-95 depending on what i get, i havent decided yet, facial & pedicure were presents, i'm doing my own nails, jewelry-- i dont know, probably a $15 pair of earrings and a $10 cocktail ring.
tickets.. were too long ago, i dont care anymore, i cant even remember if i paid for it or my parents did.
no limo,
probably no bag.. i'll just put my phone in my camera bag.
travel light!

KirrynAlane

HSC
my dress was $90.
shoes $60
accessories $50
great g'mas vintage 1920's purse - free
so im stoked!

such a tight arse hahahaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)