Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (2 Viewers)

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
just realised that was my 100th post (the dresses)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You're not going for the evening gown-esque wear?

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Nah I was thinking more of that for year 12 and I don't look the best in the longer stuff cause I'm really short :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ah okay.

Well, I'm a guy so I wouldn't really know about all this... formal dress whatnot. But yeah, if you say so...

i'm sure someone more well versed in this will come along soon and help you out :p

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It depends a bit on your school. My school, heaps of people went long in yr 10, cocktail yr 11, and a mix of long and cocktail in yr 12.

As for me, my dresses got shorter each year haha

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
what's a cocktail dress

*google image search*

uhh... i'm going to assume cocktail is a synonym for 'normal length' when in context of dresses

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
what's a cocktail dress

*google image search*

uhh... i'm going to assume cocktail is a synonym for 'normal length' when in context of dresses
Below the knee (usually, but some styles are above the knee, though above the knee if oft referred to as a 'party dress')

Then you've got the 3/4 dress, and the full length.

starshine02

HSC
I like a darker lace one rather than a lighter colour for some reason. i think its ok to wear cocktail dresses at year 10 cos that's what heaps of people did at my yr10 formal :)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I think I want something with lace

idk just browsing
I liked the second one in that picture :) I'm still browsing on what to wear because i'm going to attend 3 formals so I need to have 3 different dresses -_- Where is your formal?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I liked the second one in that picture :) I'm still browsing on what to wear because i'm going to attend 3 formals so I need to have 3 different dresses -_- Where is your formal?
why are you attending three different formals

starshine02

HSC
You don't have to get 3 dresses! last year i went to two different ones and i got away with wearing the same dress but different accessories and shoes ;)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
... or you could get a fairly simple dress and have quite different accessories for each night?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
why not. is there a socially acceptable number that limits the amount of formals we can attend
who knows

Most formals I've known anyone to have in the space of one 'formal season' is 2. So three is mind = blown.

or maybe i'm not that observant

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Boys tend to like to take girls as their partner to a formal, it can make the night more fun. And perhaps she has several guy friends who would like her brilliant company

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Boys tend to like to take girls as their partner to a formal, it can make the night more fun. And perhaps she has several guy friends who would like her brilliant company
more like she has several suitors

or something

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Because i've been invited to three different formals.

... or you could get a fairly simple dress and have quite different accessories for each night?
I don't think having different accessories for each night would make a difference as there will be photographers who would post photos on Facebook where everyone will see me wearing the same dress 3 times lol.

more like she has several suitors

or something
Isn't that the same thing to what Blue said?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)