Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
i was thinking of getting some random forever new pastel coloured dress and wearing a black mini jacket with shiny buttons like the one emma watson wore.

the bead collar dress doesn't go with my chest very well.
that could work..but see pastel colours do not really give you that BOOM factor when youre walking into the hall (or wherever your formal will be held), it would look pretty, and people would comment on how you look but you prob wont turn heads when you walk into the hall...
you need a colour or a style (e.g. the vintage one) that would really make YOU stand out..and babe just strut your stuff :)
bring out the cute and sexy in you.

CecilyMare

HSC
that could work..but see pastel colours do not really give you that BOOM factor when youre walking into the hall (or wherever your formal will be held), it would look pretty, and people would comment on how you look but you prob wont turn heads when you walk into the hall...
you need a colour or a style (e.g. the vintage one) that would really make YOU stand out..and babe just strut your stuff :)
bring out the cute and sexy in you.
lol post pics of what you wore?

HSC
Uni Grad
hhaha i know eh?
i cut my hair short a few years back and i cut it shorter at the end of last year, but shit my hair grows super fast so now its almost to the end of my back now hahahha.
long hair is beautiful..short is cool, but its not for everyone.
did short hair suit you? i really like short hair on women

muhahahahahaha

HSC
did short hair suit you? i really like short hair on women
Well my hair is Naturally very curly, ringlets and its really frizzy too. The only way the boofiness is kept under control is if my hair is long. But yeah it did suit me, it looks really cute when it dries up once youve had a swim at the beach, but otherwise for me I couldn't go short again cos its just too much of a hassle to keep it under control. I permanently straightened my hair now and its nice and long (not too long) and it looks really good now, lol all friends commented on how good it looks so I think I'm going to stick this look for a while. Might go short again but no time soon.

HSC
Uni Grad
coool. permanently straightened eh? isnt that bad for your hair?
anyway how short are we talkin here, shoulder-length? shorter?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
coool. permanently straightened eh? isnt that bad for your hair?
anyway how short are we talkin here, shoulder-length? shorter?
My hair seems fine, its actually feeling very nice and soft and healthy. I habit shorter then shoulder length a few years ago, but last year when I got it cut, it was slightly shorter than shoulder length. It looked good supra short and it looks good nice and long. Shoulder length looks like shit on me :(

dudsmlc

HSC
if you're spending that much on a suit I sure hope it's bespoke
P.Johnson in Sydney. Great tailor!

nice choice for the shoes!!!!! :D :D :D
yes, i agree...
i was in myer one day (in the mens section...dont ask why) and there was a sign describing exactly how long the suit should be and since then, every time someone wears a suit, i tend to think to myself..no mate, no!!! thats not how its supposed to be!!
$2500????? thats crazy expensive!! but i guess if you could make use of it, it would be worth it..
see for girls its different cos the dress that you buy can only be worn to like another party or something...so in the end you would have probably worn that outfit 3 times all up.
Hahahaha, yes that makes me a little bit proud that you know the correct lengths of a suit :) $2500...well I worked hard and the parentals didn't have to pay anything so I think that it is fair...plus I'll use it plenty more times for work in the Autumn rotation. Yeah, females have it rough not being able to wear it again so easily....

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
P.Johnson in Sydney. Great tailor!

Hahahaha, yes that makes me a little bit proud that you know the correct lengths of a suit :) $2500...well I worked hard and the parentals didn't have to pay anything so I think that it is fair...plus I'll use it plenty more times for work in the Autumn rotation. Yeah, females have it rough not being able to wear it again so easily....
johnson is mtm, not bespoke afaik. but whatever most people won't even know what they are let alone be able to tell the difference so you'd be fine.

post pics of the fit

dudsmlc

HSC
johnson is mtm, not bespoke afaik. but whatever most people won't even know what they are let alone be able to tell the difference so you'd be fine.

post pics of the fit
Never claimed it was bespoke - just said PJohnson. Meh, I'm happy with the service they provide. I'll get some photos done soon (y)

HSC
N/A
glasses are nice! very elegant and sophisticated touch i reckon! :)
fake lashes??? dun dooo itttt!!!!! trust me, if your lashes are an okay length, the makeup artist/beautician whatevs, will know how to make your eyelashes look longer and more defined without using fake lashes.
(also, if you want, you could get eyelash tinting done :) thats cool! i do that when im bored and feel like glamouring up :D )
Haha, hopefully this one knows the kind of look I'm going for.
Eyelash tinting?! What on earth is that? ._.

Also I got my heels today. My only pair of silver/white heels with all diamonte or whatever all over it. Bleh.

Also oe, that pic instantly reminded me of Barney Stinson. No clue why.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
o_O? No, it isn't?
They're not gross, lol.
I'll try to find them later and post a pic.
I dont wanna see tiny gel pads that don't 'slip' if you stick it at the back LOL xD. Post that in the hygiene section man :S. Make sure it's not used either... eew.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I dont wanna see tiny gel pads that don't 'slip' if you stick it at the back LOL xD. Post that in the hygiene section man :S. Make sure it's not used either... eew.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.
They're for heels whaaaaaat
Hahaha, I think you're thinking about something else. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)