• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Format/presentation of MW (1 Viewer)

Ritaann

UNSW here I come... late
HSC
The syllabus states: the story or stories should be typed with double spacing onto A4 size paper.
Font should be size 12, Arial or Times New Roman
Each Page should be numbered

... My story begins with an extract which my main character is reading to herself and as she is reading it, she is getting more and more bored yadda yadda crapola its just repeating itself etc. and to show this I open with a paragraph of what she's reading. However, I change font size whilst shes reading it, beginning lets say with size 14 and ending with size 8 - before the character begins to comment on what she's reading. If I am to make it all size 12, I would loose what I hoped to portray through format.

The section is only about 9 lines long, and it's only at the beginning. Could I leave it as such without being penalised, as I am making a point with it? perhaps adress it in RS ?

~Ritaann
double spacing :( jezze could any more trees be *wasted*-- a 20 page story is going to end up being 40!

get_born

im doing poetry, and one of my poems is concrete so i needed to play around with some of the font sizes and so on - its only in the one poem, i dont think they'll penalise you for just those 9 lines.

d_a_n_z

HSC
my major work is not double spaced at all (short story). i have been on the phone 2 BOS like everyday, making sure this is okay. As long as you can justify it in your reflection, and its still easy to read then its okay.
9 lines is fine... i promise
(Looks up to the sky and prays noone gets penalised for stupid things)

Ritaann

UNSW here I come... late
HSC
Well, since I'm admist teh writing of the RS, there's no time lik present to explain the meaning behind font choice.

~Ritaann
I think I'll leave the font size it as is- but double space it. Petty thoughts when the whole damned thing is due THIS TUESDAY :s

OutOfOrder

HSC
yeah that's totally fine, my teachers rang up BOS a couple times, and they said that as long as it's done for a reason (not just for the sake of it) and you justify it in your RS, it's fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)