Formatted HDD Recovery (1 Viewer)

LuKiN

HSC
Does anyone know of a program which can be used to recover files off a formatted hard drive. I've found two, the only problem is that they aren't free and the trial versions wont let me recover 112gigs of stuff :S

please help me i need these files back.

Thanks in advance.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Excuse me for asking but.. what's the story behind this? =S First thing that comes to mind is that someone (of a nuissance; perhaps your sister) decided to format your HD just to piss you off.. or something.

LuKiN

HSC
hahaha no my sisters aren't that smart. i bought a new hard drive because my other one was full and im not good at deleting stuff. But i did something wrong with the installation and messed up the filesystem on my old harddrive which meant it had to be formatted to be read as a windows drive again.

The irony is that i bought a new hard drive because i had no space left. and now all of a sudden i don't need my new hard drive.

I've got a program running now... hopefully its successful, But it's running ridiculously slowly....

fatmuscle

HSC
just make sure you have enough space on another partition or FTP server to recover you files.

henroid

HSC
LuKiN said:
hahaha no my sisters aren't that smart. i bought a new hard drive because my other one was full and im not good at deleting stuff. But i did something wrong with the installation and messed up the filesystem on my old harddrive which meant it had to be formatted to be read as a windows drive again.

The irony is that i bought a new hard drive because i had no space left. and now all of a sudden i don't need my new hard drive.

I've got a program running now... hopefully its successful, But it's running ridiculously slowly....

Ha that sounds like one of my idiotic escapades. I tried to put a copy of Ubuntu (Linux) on a second hard disk I have. I backed up all my music and important files onto my primary, did all the right things, and had Ubuntu running off the slave disk. Then I wanted to access the primary disk through Ubuntu, which isn't normally available due to conflicting file systems. To cut a long story short, I lost all the data off my primary disk, got the shits with Linux, reinstalled windows on both disks, and now am not very impressed with free operating systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)