forums-a waste of time??? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
i have just started yr 12 n i come upto da hsc help forum everyday but whenever i come up i tend to waste a lot of time on the internet browsing stuffs, checking my mails etc.....
i wud like to know how da people who got a uai in da late 90's manage to come upto da forum without wasting time????

pls reply soooon

:confused:

del

HSC
N/A
hmm well you just come on, then you go off....

i had like a rough idea of how i was going to spend my time on a particular night or whatever, and I just tried to manage whatever I had to fit in....

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Probably the Non-School and general forums are a bit time wasting (that doesn't mean you should totally restrict yourself from them :)), but the other subject forums are definitely useful & therefore not time wasters. You can use those forums to ask questions & stuff or also equally as important, to learn from the wisdom of others :D:D

Heaps of the ppl that did really well talked alot in those forums (esp. in the subject areas).

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
using the forum to pass time is real easy ... so avoid the general section (maybe just a few threads in school) and stick to the subjects ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
hi ppl
i have just started yr 12 n i come upto da hsc help forum everyday but whenever i come up i tend to waste a lot of time on the internet browsing stuffs, checking my mails etc.....
i wud like to know how da people who got a uai in da late 90's manage to come upto da forum without wasting time????

pls reply soooon

:confused:
don't visit the forums until after you finish the HSC, that way you won't get distracted (like what I did). :D.

Only visit the forums for specific subject help.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Do any work or study that needs to be done for the night before visiting the forums. ;)

Then relax and take your time.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by elizabethy
hi ppl
I guess it only becomes a problem during an exam period/assessment period

I didnt come on the forums the night before any of my exams (i dont think?) including trials and assessments.

Christine

beige member
HSC
avoid the general section, and NEVER leave your internet on while u r studying... i made that fatal mistake!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I didn't find this forum til after the HSC, but I wish I did, cos I think talking to everyone else would help keep the momentum going. A lot of my friends didn't care too much about the HSC, but most people here must want to do well, or they wouldn't be here. Reading about other peoples studying techniques or goals would help keep your own in perspective I think, so I don't think these forums are a complete time-waster.
I guess you'll just have to do something like set a time limit for how long you will spend on here, and only open threads that relate to you, and get off your time limit runs out. If you find you get too caught up though, maybe it's not a great idea to be visiting here while you have stuff that needs to be done...

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Christine
NEVER leave your internet on while u r studying... i made that fatal mistake!
ohhh yeah thats a big no-no. dont go onto the general forums unless youve done all the work that needs doing, and only then just for a certain period of time.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
avoid the general section, and NEVER leave your internet on while u r studying... i made that fatal mistake!
its awful, i did that too

keep internet time and study separate

kini mini

HSC
Yeah, problem was for me when I was typing notes the internet was too tempting sometimes. And on cable, you can't even tell yourself to save the phone call...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Yeah, problem was for me when I was typing notes the internet was too tempting sometimes. And on cable, you can't even tell yourself to save the phone call...

lol! I was like, Ive dialled up, may as well make the most of my net time. :p

Fi

i didn't sign up until after the HSC.........just don't spend too much of ur time in the 'general' section.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

same 'ere ...
btw closing in ... :)
I noticed *looks at flyin's post count and looks at MinAi's* ....not far off.

Oh well ateast I've moved into 9th best poster.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

I noticed *looks at flyin's post count and looks at MinAi's* ....not far off.
im surprised someone noticed my slight remark so quickly :)

Last edited:

sif not 99

im more of a reader than a poster but just restrict urself to ur subjects and the school forum and u should be kewl,

although with more and more ppl signing up I guess there will be more and more to read which could eventuate in more time wasting....

gets back to self discipline i suppose lol =) as everything seemz to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)