foundation? (1 Viewer)

nikki5790

HSC
N/A
Clinique Perfectly Real liquid foundation, it looks like your not wearing any but covers up all blemishes and uneven skin tone. it costs around $65

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i always thought touche eclat was like a highlighter as opposed to a concealer :eek:
you are absolutely right.

it is not a concealer. it is meant to brighten dark circles around the eyes, accentuate cheek bones and eyebrow shapes.

you should apply it to the bow of your lips. it gives the illusion of fullness.

as for foundation, i use Intervene by Elizabeth Arden. it is so good it makes me glow. like you know that beautiful, healthy look?

the most important thing to keep in mind when picking a foundation is your skin type. different skin conditions require different mediums (cake/powder/liquid/aerosol etc). and you need to be matched colourwise by someone who works behind the counter. if you prefer tinted moisturizer, laura mercier is THE BEST FULL STOP.

also get a new foundation every 6 months if you haven't run out already. your skin will change through the seasons colourwise and oil production slows in winter/accelerates in summer (generally).

you should be paying $50-$70 for a decent foundation.

evche

HSC
Youngblood Loose Mineral Powder ftw.
i will never ever ever go back to normal foundo, this stuff is god, you just apply it with a brush and blend, or for more coverage mix it a tiny bit of moisturiser and you've got top quality liquid foundation.
oh, and for tinted moisturisers, i wouldn't go past clinique, its delicious.
i sound like a fucking sales rep :|

Last edited:

katykins

i never meant to lie,
HSC
evche said:
Youngblood Loose Mineral Powder ftw.
i will never ever ever go back to normal foundo, this stuff is god, you just apply it with a brush and blend, or for more coverage mix it a tiny bit of moisturiser and you've got top quality liquid foundation.
oh, and for tinted moisturisers, i wouldn't go past clinique, its delicious.
i sound like a fucking sales rep :|
actually now that i think of it, laura mercier have a new mineral foundation that is FANTASTIC.
it has coverage like a normal foundation.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol informative.

thanks everyone!
i will buy when i get payed.

my mum has the absolute best foundation.
it's chanel teint de something.. just not my skin tone.
and the hundred bux for it i'd rather spend on a top or something.

ALSO QUESTION:

when you wash and moisturise in the morning
and then apply your make up
do you apply tinted moisturiser over regular moisturiser?
i feel it is too much..

katykins

i never meant to lie,
HSC
housah0lic said:
lol informative.

thanks everyone!
i will buy when i get payed.

my mum has the absolute best foundation.
it's chanel teint de something.. just not my skin tone.
and the hundred bux for it i'd rather spend on a top or something.

ALSO QUESTION:

when you wash and moisturise in the morning
and then apply your make up
do you apply tinted moisturiser over regular moisturiser?
i feel it is too much..
depends on your skin type.
if you have normal - oily skin then no.
try using a primer instead of moisturiser. it prepares your skin properly and gives it a matte look so your foundation stays on longer.

best one ive ever used is the ModelCo one. its like $35 and you use less than a pea size for your whole face and its much bigger than most primers from other cosmetic houses.
it feels amazing on your skin; your skin feels like silk.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
LAmey08 said:
Yeah they do come in shades.
I use tinted moisturiser because I prefer it over foundation. The one I use is Nivea Visage young 'be beautiful'. Its oil free and has refining pigments so it adapts to your natural skin tone. You can pick it up for $10.
i love that stuff
smells great too

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katykins said:
you are absolutely right.

it is not a concealer. it is meant to brighten dark circles around the eyes, accentuate cheek bones and eyebrow shapes.

you should apply it to the bow of your lips. it gives the illusion of fullness.

as for foundation, i use Intervene by Elizabeth Arden. it is so good it makes me glow. like you know that beautiful, healthy look?

the most important thing to keep in mind when picking a foundation is your skin type. different skin conditions require different mediums (cake/powder/liquid/aerosol etc). and you need to be matched colourwise by someone who works behind the counter. if you prefer tinted moisturizer, laura mercier is THE BEST FULL STOP.

also get a new foundation every 6 months if you haven't run out already. your skin will change through the seasons colourwise and oil production slows in winter/accelerates in summer (generally).

you should be paying $50-$70 for a decent foundation.
a lot of tan people use touche eclat as a hilighter, but its the exact colour of my skin and its nice and light so i use it as a concealer. different strokes i guess.

for hilighting (brow bone, cheeks, cupids bow), i use mac vanilla pigment, its gorgeous.

i agree that you need to match your skin perfectly (theres nothing worse than the mask look) and i also agree you need to change foundations regularly (for hygeine reasons as well as colouring) but i dont think you need to pay that much for foundation.

i've paid $110 for kevin aucoin, $10 for savvy by DB (lol) and everything in between, and i love revlon colourstay the best by far, and its only $30.

HSC
katykins said:
depends on your skin type.
if you have normal - oily skin then no.
try using a primer instead of moisturiser. it prepares your skin properly and gives it a matte look so your foundation stays on longer.

best one ive ever used is the ModelCo one. its like $35 and you use less than a pea size for your whole face and its much bigger than most primers from other cosmetic houses.
it feels amazing on your skin; your skin feels like silk.
really? i've used the modelco one (gone through pretty much a whole tube actually) and like, it feels nice, but doesn't actually seem to do anything :eek: sad times.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
apparently the same ingredients in smashbox photo finish primer (a really nice primer) are in monistat anti chafing gel.

i dont think they sell it here (its a vadge cream for thrush i think) but i picked some up when i was in the US for about $6 and will try it after my current primer runs out.

i'm the ghetto queeen.

Skeeta

HSC
AlleyCat said:
apparently the same ingredients in smashbox photo finish primer (a really nice primer) are in monistat anti chafing gel.

i dont think they sell it here (its a vadge cream for thrush i think) but i picked some up when i was in the US for about $6 and will try it after my current primer runs out.

i'm the ghetto queeen.
Haha i actually think its a cream for men who get chafe on their nether regions (like, when their legs rub together)

But i am going to search for it overseas, i dont think you can get it here.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i just wear
CG tinted moisturiser

and if i rly need to cover up ive got a max factor concealer and a max factor colour adapt that i apply sparingly with a sponge

or i tried those mineral foundations, but meh. i also hate, fucking hate loose powders, unless u get that CG stuff in the pink

it's shiney
a+ stuff

beccygoddess

HSC
Tip from Tyra Banks to make sure that your foundation doesn't look cakey- soak your foundation sponge in water then wring it out before you use it to apply your foundation. I only saw this tip recently, but it really works. My foundation used to look really pancake-y, but now it looks much better.
If you type Tyra Banks makeup into youtube, you can see the vid where she explains this tip, as well as others to do with eye makeup etc

Skeeta

HSC
AlleyCat said:
nah give napoleon a miss, he just rebrands stuff.

try mac instead.
Yeah what is this I hear of rebranding?? Its got me confuzzled and now I'm tempted not to buy any of their products

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
it means he buys shit no brand stuff and puts his name on it, making it 10x more expensive. Pop beauty at kit cosmetics does the same thing, too.

dont buy them, theyre a waste of dosh. napoleons eyeshadows have bad payoff too. i got some for a present and theyre worse than the ones i used to get in the big palette at big W for $7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)