• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Foundation (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
:uhhuh: Maybelline Shine Free is pretty good for its price.

I went and bought Revlon Skinlights because I've heard too many raves about it. But it doesn't do anything for me!!!

HSC
N/A
Hold up a sec girls - wasn't the Ponds brand sold out to Dove a while back? (therefore eliminating all ponds products from shelves) or is there somewhere I can find their tinted moisturiser?

Generally I go foundation-less, as my complexion's pretty alright and I hate the "my skin is suffocating!!!" feeling. But when I do, I tend to use some Revlon foundation - the one that lasts for 16 hours (for stage), with lots of translucent powder.

Other than that, I might do a quick brushing of Savvy's (some priceline brand, it's like $5) pressed power to even out the skin tone lightly.

my sharona: Are the maybelline foundations only for pale shades of skin? I think I like the dewy look, but I've got olive skin :(

HSC
N/A
Rightio, it must just be priceline that doesn't sell it anymore (although they were also the ones to tell me Ponds was bought out by Dove). Argh, need to shop more outside of Priceline, it's so totally messing with my head and limiting my options.

Where do you work? I want some of this tinted miosturiser! :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AlleyCat said:
you shouldnt save foundation for ages, no matter how expensive, because it'll seperate and then its useless. its getting into summer months, you should use it before it spoils.
oops :eek: maybe i should throw it out then lol...

HSC
glitterfairy said:
my sharona: Are the maybelline foundations only for pale shades of skin? I think I like the dewy look, but I've got olive skin :(
The maybelline ones are sort of light beige to light brown... i need something with a yellow tinge in it otherwise i look a bit... weird. Quite a few people i know swear by it though, so it might be worth checking out.

Never buy anything just from trying it out in the shop. No matter how good it looks there and then, you simply cannot trust the lighting.
Go outside into the natural light and have a look at your face in comparison to your neck and arms and body. Walk around a bit, see if it starts running, or rubbing off onto your clothes.

It may seem like obvious advice, but i see way too many girls with what looks like orange powder smeared all over their faces.

Always

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
I went and bought Revlon Skinlights because I've heard too many raves about it. But it doesn't do anything for me!!!
Revlon Skinlights only gives a very sheer finish so if you're looking for more coverage then this isn't the foundation for you. It also tends to be slightly oily so it's not suitable for oily skin imo.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
The maybelline ones are sort of light beige to light brown... i need something with a yellow tinge in it otherwise i look a bit... weird. Quite a few people i know swear by it though, so it might be worth checking out.

Never buy anything just from trying it out in the shop. No matter how good it looks there and then, you simply cannot trust the lighting.
Go outside into the natural light and have a look at your face in comparison to your neck and arms and body. Walk around a bit, see if it starts running, or rubbing off onto your clothes.

It may seem like obvious advice, but i see way too many girls with what looks like orange powder smeared all over their faces.
That is so true. You cant trust the lighting when you buy makeup. Ive bought wrong shades of foundation on several occasions because of that. There are heaps of girls that walk around with their faces full orange and its so obvious theyre wearing 5inches of foundation, its unnatural- its like they dont notice it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i agree. a lot of teenage girls dont realise that by covering up problem skin with foundation, they are not only making the problem more noticeable, but also setting up problems in the long run with dialated and blocked pores from too much foundation.

anyone with acne should see a dermatologist, its actually a solvable problem in many cases.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
^^^ yeah...
i always feel bad 4 girls when i see it caked on...
personally i dont ever wear foundation... i dont think it suits me- but if you can pull it off in that natural >maybe she's born with it< way
~ well then power to ya!
i more then compensate with eye make-up :p lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeeta

HSC
far out the best foundation i have ever used is "face of australia", i've bought the expensive stuff but this "outback ivory" is the best match ever. its about $15 for a small bottle but its a really light cover i freaking love it!

ISSUES : they've stopped making it, but that means its cheaper atm coz they were trying to get rid of it.. i bought about 3 bottles

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
All I use is covergirl ultimate finish liquid powder makeup.It comes in a compact and is like a creme.It's easy to apply with a sponge,and compact to carry around incase I want to touch up my makeup.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Re: makeup over acne

One of my friends had a pimple right between her eyebrows a few weeks ago, and kept caking on foundation over it every few hours in the hope of hiding it, I'm like 'argh, dude, soooo not working' and stole her makeup off her, lol...its a dodgy look!

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
hey wow i've never used natio or covergirl or any of the sort
i'm loyal to revlon coz they're really cheap and they work wonders without the need to mix anything with it. we're making foundation sound like an alcoholic beverage.
with the specifics- i use revlon colourstay natural in sand beige =) it has a real matte finish i love it! :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I only wear foundation when i go out out of a night and am wearing other forms of makeup too.

Anyone have any good suggestions for some pressed powders? I use that for the day because it isn't heavy and doesnt look like you are wearing anything but it evens out my skin just enough. My last two buys (the only two) have both been natio but this ones running out now and im thinking maybe i should try a different brand...

Skeeta

HSC
dazed, it depends on your skin type, is it fair/asian/dark?

and also depends if your skin is dry or oily, i find that pressed powders are only good for clear skin, if you have oily or dry skin, it tends to look cakey - a loose powder (light) could be better

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't like the look of powder on my face...fair enough, the one I have is probably a bit light for me...but still, I dunno...looks good on other people, but not on me :(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
My skin is not fair but not dark but not olive... so i dont know. Normal caucasian colour i guess?

Sometimes its oily sometimes its dry, wouldnt say its more one than the other but powder tends to work well for me for normal day wear because the bits that are a bit oily even out to the rest.

Ohh and i only wear it if its relatively clear at the time else it looks seedy.

HSC
skeeta, pressed powder and loose powder are exactly the same thing, except one is compressed for convenience during travel.

And you're supposed to use powder and liquid foundation together. I guess you could just use one, but it will probably come off really easily and you'll have to keep reapplying every few hours.

I'm gonna ask you guys a question: What do you use to put your foundation on?
There's brushes, sponges, powder puffs or (of course) your fingers...

Vote now :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)