Foundations of physics v.s. Physical aspects of nature (1 Viewer)

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Heys guys, just wondering of anyone has done any of these subjects and what their opinions are of them including things like ease, interest, whats included in the course and how much work is given out.

any help would be appreciated :)

LostAuzzie

HSC
Physical Aspects of Nature is definitely easier and probably more ineresting to someone doing the life sciences as it aims to show how physics relates to these fields.
Both courses essentially cover the same topics I believe but physical aspects of nature applies it to the life sciences. There is a fair bit of work associated with the practicals such as reports and presentations and stuff.
Hope that helps

euro-dragon

HSC
hmm didnt get to choose anyways lol they just choose a certain one for the year..but i got physical aspects of nature anyways...seems interesting :)

krayzie_

HSC
Physical Aspects of Nature is a joke. I hated it, even though yes it was easy. The practicals were the worse. It's .. no words, you have to make a slope with this rubber plastic slide and push a car down and record how far it went etc. I manipulated my results alot because I just couldn't be bothered droping a toy car 20 times down the slide. You also have to do a poster and present it, a report and all this other crap.

Oh yeah and no matter what anyone tells you that physics is not maths, they are lying its practically all maths. eg. find the formula, convert the values to the standard and solve.

I'm so thankful it is over now.

euro-dragon

HSC
ohhh man hope i can find a lighter side to it...and what type of maths hsc topics are we looking at for a subject ike this? nothing too hard im hoping :S

krayzie_

HSC
basically your give a whole bunch of formulas and have to know when to apply which formula and how to insert shit properly..

for example in a circle the area is a = (pi)r^2

the questions ask you to find r, and it gives you the a in metre^3 so you will need to change metre^3 to metre^2, then re-arrange the formula to find the radius

oh yea alot of things in physics require u to rebuild a formula

for example y = mx + b, they will give u y, m, x so you got to solve for b

miraj

mr.47
HSC
Well physical aspect of nature seems pretty easy. the example that krayzie_ gave is 2unit maths stuff, not even thats its more like year 10 maths.

krayzie_

HSC
Haha, yeah. Its just sometimes you need to use a different formula and use that on first, then get that answer and substitute into the final formula. It is alright just need to apply yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)