France rejects veiled Muslim wife (2 Viewers)

ang3l

HSC
Captin gay said:
Shouldn't have gone and colonized the black muslim lands then, fucktards
That's probably the smartest thing I've heard so far.. Maybe not the way you put it though lol.

The term 'terrorism' has only become known to the vast majority of people recently (since the 9/11 attacks in 2001..) Is that surprising? They colonise and conquer countries that don't belong to them and expect the country and it's people to sit their and nod their heads at them? I'm pretty sure Australians (I don't expect them to) and Americans wouldn't accept such a thing in their so called 'civilised' country. (I'm well aware that colonisation happened alot by both Muslims and Christians back in the days, but I dont see Islamic countries invading USA claiming they have 'nuclear weaponary' whilst killing innocent children). 'Civilisation' differs according to the different countries values and morals they hold, as shaped by governing laws and so forth.

And I think it's the country (France) that needs to review their 'anti terrorist laws'. Since when was a women in a burqa a threat to society? If she has sincerely submitted to her religion, what makes you think she's gonna blow up a country? If your answer is: 'because it's what the Quran orders'. I'll put it plainly; reread a different translation of the Quraan (If thats what you've based your interpretation on) because there's a BIG chance you're either misreading the Quraan or someone has mistranslated it. Arabic is a difficult language to translate. If that was truly the case and the Quraan does order such a thing, don't you think Muslims would have blown up the world by now? (And especially since it's currently the biggest religion in the world and the fastest growing. Surprising I know - even startles me). This may clear up things a little better: http://www.islamalways.com/ It's constructed by a Christian preacher (Yusuf Estes) who reverted to Islam, it has both points of views (Islamic and Christian) and links to topics of concern of both Religions.

I do apologise if I may have hurt or offended anyone in anyway, that was truly not my intention, but merely to help people understand - or better yet - become heedful of their misconceptions about Islamic law. Forgive me for any shortcomings.

Fatima

ang3l

HSC
bigboyjames said:
Please explain why anyone would want to year a burka
Well personally, as a female, I feel conscious around people that stare at me.. (I don't wear the burqa, only a hijab). Maybe - I'm not saying it is - that's their reason. They obviously believe (strongly enough) in the hereafter, nothing would have convinced them otherwise.. Or as some may say, they're brainwashed? One question, can someone compel you to cover your whole body, nevertheless your face?

Ideology? I doubt even that would..

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ang3l said:
Well personally, as a female, I feel conscious around people that stare at me.. (I don't wear the burqa, only a hijab). Maybe - I'm not saying it is - that's their reason. They obviously believe (strongly enough) in the hereafter, nothing would have convinced them otherwise.. Or as some may say, they're brainwashed? One question, can someone compel you to cover your whole body, nevertheless your face?

I had a friend who got tired of people staring at her hijab she stopped wearing it completely (she didn't give up her religion btw) she said she felt better because people won't give her a awkward look when she goes out.

banco55

HSC
ang3l said:
That's probably the smartest thing I've heard so far.. Maybe not the way you put it though lol.

The term 'terrorism' has only become known to the vast majority of people recently (since the 9/11 attacks in 2001..) Is that surprising? They colonise and conquer countries that don't belong to them and expect the country and it's people to sit their and nod their heads at them? I'm pretty sure Australians (I don't expect them to) and Americans wouldn't accept such a thing in their so called 'civilised' country. (I'm well aware that colonisation happened alot by both Muslims and Christians back in the days, but I dont see Islamic countries invading USA claiming they have 'nuclear weaponary' whilst killing innocent children). 'Civilisation' differs according to the different countries values and morals they hold, as shaped by governing laws and so forth.

And I think it's the country (France) that needs to review their 'anti terrorist laws'. Since when was a women in a burqa a threat to society? If she has sincerely submitted to her religion, what makes you think she's gonna blow up a country? If your answer is: 'because it's what the Quran orders'. I'll put it plainly; reread a different translation of the Quraan (If thats what you've based your interpretation on) because there's a BIG chance you're either misreading the Quraan or someone has mistranslated it. Arabic is a difficult language to translate. If that was truly the case and the Quraan does order such a thing, don't you think Muslims would have blown up the world by now? (And especially since it's currently the biggest religion in the world and the fastest growing. Surprising I know - even startles me). This may clear up things a little better: http://www.islamalways.com/ It's constructed by a Christian preacher (Yusuf Estes) who reverted to Islam, it has both points of views (Islamic and Christian) and links to topics of concern of both Religions.

I do apologise if I may have hurt or offended anyone in anyway, that was truly not my intention, but merely to help people understand - or better yet - become heedful of their misconceptions about Islamic law. Forgive me for any shortcomings.

Fatima
She wasn't rejected because she was a "threat to society". She was rejected because she had assimilated poorly to French culture.

As far as the stuff about colonization it wasn't inevitable that France would have an influx of muslims. They needed labourers in the 60's and their former colonies were a convenient place to get them from. The importation of a large number of muslims was easily the dumbest thing France has done since 1945. Now they have hundreds of thousands from third world muslim shitholes to deal with.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ang3l said:

there is a difference between the scarf and a tent.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
She wasn't rejected because she was a "threat to society". She was rejected because she had assimilated poorly to French culture.
but how the fuck can you prove that. assimilation. you cannot enforce such a law. did they come to this conclusion on the basis of her wearing a burka. that is outrageous. i want to know how the hell does some1 assimilate.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
This bullshit just makes me fucking laugh! We all hear stupid cliches like "today freedom was attacked". "we fight for freedom", "west = freedom" etc etc. im sick of this fucking shit.

All this woman is doing is practicing her freedom. There is nothing wrong with wearing a burka. Although I dont think anyone should, The fact is she's doing it - it's her right, it's her FREE will. The country is offering "FREEDOM".

fuck, im sick of this hypocrisy.

make up your fucking mind. are you fighting for/offering "FREEDOM" or not?

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
bigboyjames said:
but how the fuck can you prove that. assimilation. you cannot enforce such a law. did they come to this conclusion on the basis of her wearing a burka. that is outrageous. i want to know how the hell does some1 assimilate.
Governments and courts make decisions like that all the time. I suppose you'd have a bunch of criteria that the decision maker would have to consider and you'd have an appeal process.

Bottom line is there are a lot more people who want French citizenship then France needs (whether they need any is debateable) so they might as well set the bar pretty high. You can't seriously argue that France will lose anything by not giving her citizenship. It's not like she's a brilliant PHD student.

banco55

HSC
bigboyjames said:
This bullshit just makes me fucking laugh! We all hear stupid cliches like "today freedom was attacked". "we fight for freedom", "west = freedom" etc etc. im sick of this fucking shit.

All this woman is doing is practicing her freedom. There is nothing wrong with wearing a burka. Although I dont think anyone should, The fact is she's doing it - it's her right, it's her FREE will. The country is offering "FREEDOM".

fuck, im sick of this hypocrisy.

make up your fucking mind. are you fighting for/offering "FREEDOM" or not?
So you're saying there should be no criteria for evaluating applicants for citizenship?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
Governments and courts make decisions like that all the time. I suppose you'd have a bunch of criteria that the decision maker would have to consider and you'd have an appeal process.

Bottom line is there are a lot more people who want French citizenship then France needs (whether they need any is debateable) so they might as well set the bar pretty high. You can't seriously argue that France will lose anything by not giving her citizenship. It's not like she's a brilliant PHD student.

of course they have a criteria. and the reason that she failed to obtain a citizenship was because of lack of assimilation.

but how the fuck can some1 prove that . because of her dress code!? ROFLMAO what a fucking joke.

just ban the fucking dress if that's the reason. but hey, the french are fighting for freedom. freedom for "dress codes".

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The article you posted actually cites "Radical islamic values" and a woman living in "total submission to her male relatives."
hmm i wonder what evidence they may have to support this. pretty dodgy thing to try and prove, should have just blamed the burka lol.

ang3l

HSC
bigboyjames said:

hehe I know..

In order to assimilate and integrate you simply become a sheep, do what everyone else does because it's the so-called 'norm'. Eg. Drink (even though it's the biggest killer), do drugs, oh how can I forget 'if you've got it flaunt it'. And if you dont conform, you're 'strange'.

Prophet (PBUH):
"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

Ohh and Islam just happens to be the number one world religion too, strange eh..

In an interview with the paper Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, compilier of the Annuario Pontificio, the Vatican yearbook, said "For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us." He said that figures for 2006 showed that Catholics accounted for 17.4 per cent of the world population while Muslims accounted for 19.2 per cent. (Richard Owen of The Times in Rome )

ang3l

HSC
chicky_pie said:
I had a friend who got tired of people staring at her hijab she stopped wearing it completely (she didn't give up her religion btw) she said she felt better because people won't give her a awkward look when she goes out.
So they give her a sexual look now instead of an 'awkward look'? I think I prefer the second..

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Wrong. You're Muslim. You all look like fucking AIDS. Stop thinking anyone but filthy Lebs would hit on you.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
In her case she'd clearly contribute very little.
She can contribute to the population
Kids can be brainwashed by the state, pretty much every kid is in the governments responsibility about 1/5th of their life until they're adults. Most of the day.

Muslims have a high birth rate.

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ang3l said:
So they give her a sexual look now instead of an 'awkward look'? I think I prefer the second..

Uh actually she said people never gave her a sexual look after she stopped wearing the hijab, it's just that she doesn't get stared at for being Muslim, no one would know she is Muslim anyway. And it doesn't mean those who don't wear a hijab get looked at in a sexual way, it just the way you dress, you've got girls dressing like sluts, classy or casual, it's not like we can tell these girls what to wear or those who don't wear a hijab are all class as all slutty.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
ang3l said:
Ohh and Islam just happens to be the number one world religion too, strange eh..

In an interview with the paper Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, compilier of the Annuario Pontificio, the Vatican yearbook, said "For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us." He said that figures for 2006 showed that Catholics accounted for 17.4 per cent of the world population while Muslims accounted for 19.2 per cent. (Richard Owen of The Times in Rome )

Insects also outnumber humans in the world, but they are still just insects.

Anyway, you're wrong. Christianity is the biggest religion in the world by far - you just gave figures for the Catholic subset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)