Frankenstein and BR (1 Viewer)

nat246

HSC
N/A
i have a home work task to write about the universal themes in frankenstein and blade runner. also the power of those themes in regards to expressing the message of the text. i have to write about how they relate to society and why they are still relevant today. what issues do i bring up in my discussion?
thanks!

HSC
For me, the main themes in Frankenstein and Bladerunner are:

-Justice/Injustice
-Nature of humanity
-Revenge

..of course there are more than this, but I personally feel you would be crazy to attempt to thoroughly cover more than 3 themes in a comparison essay for the HSC. I wouldn't be able to cover them well enough.

Each of these themes are relevant and also prelevant in films/literature currently. Therefore, they link to society in the past, present and most likely in the future.

I would branch from these themes. Hope this makes sense and is somehow helpful ;)

danal353

HSC
i think you should talk about the universal themes present in the two texts and how a change of context may change the way a composer deals with a text, but underlying universal values and themes continue to remain.

e.g.
love
human connection
the state of humanity
the value of life

hope this helps =D

k150764

HSC
i have a home work task to write about the universal themes in frankenstein and blade runner. also the power of those themes in regards to expressing the message of the text. i have to write about how they relate to society and why they are still relevant today. what issues do i bring up in my discussion?
thanks!

Themes in BR/FR
include

isolation
notion of pursuits and quests
prometheus obsession
monstrosity

there are more, but these are some

absorber

HSC
thanks!
If there's room for some contrasting, contrast frankenstein's romantic love of nature with the post-modernist lack of anything natural at all (apart from doves) in Bladerunner

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But that's about all you have time for to talk about in 40 minutes anyway.

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
If there's room for some contrasting, contrast frankenstein's romantic love of nature with the post-modernist lack of anything natural at all (apart from doves) in Bladerunner
Yeah you should contrast, a big part of the rubric is about how the values of the context can change, or how the composer expresses the same values in different ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)