Freaking Out!! A few last minute questions! (1 Viewer)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
ok..
For rome- 78-28 BC, hope much in depth are uz going?
I know heaps about Pompey, Caesar is my personality, Crassus, a bit abt Antony, Octavian and a few pieces here and there abt Cicero and Cato.. is there any likelihood that would they ask a specific question on any of the minor players?? I mean Cicero or Antony or Octavion etc? Moreover, I am ok with reforms and Role of Senate... The triumvirates are good.. especially the 1st one... is there anything that i am missing out on??
also what was teh role of a tribune??
is tribunate assembly teh same as the popular assembly? wait.. was there a tribunate assembly??

how much do we need to knwo abt teh civil wars?? and the armenian wars and parthian wars??

omg!! rome is such a big topic!! am srsly gonna fail.. :vcross: :confused: :idea: :worried: :(

HSC
N/A
I know some of the Caesar-related stuff, eg First Triumvirate, but past that, i know almost nothing. I'm certainly not very clue-y on things like tribunes and optimates, for example.

I gave up trying to memorise it all. It's not going to happen, so i'll stick to what I've got (which is mostly Caesar-based because he's my personality) and cross my fingers.

matt_a

Tribunes were the representatives of the people kinda of thing. There was no an 'assembly' of Tribunes but there was a council of tribunes. (It is different to the assembly that Caesar used to pass his laws in 59). Caesar made himself a part of this tribunate council, which he was legally not allowed to do. Hey but when your dictator, whos gonna stop you! (Except maybe Brutus and some other republicans)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The tribunate of the plebs was originally the people elect from the plebs of the tribes of rome. They had the right to veto laws, were untouchable (punishable by death), and was a lowly office held before moving towards the consulship.

It was not until the Gracchi that its power was revealed (and subsequently abused) and their transformation as a powerful position was reached within the two brothers' lives. But after that, it was reformed by those that followed to make sure such a relapse did not occur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)