Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Good luck to all doing ECOP 1001 tommorow, you should all be fine. :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
no no! they give it all to you. but if ur exam is a morning one, i guess you won't be needing my answer.

i said a few days ago that i wasn't stressing out. i have an exam tomorrow and guess what? I'm freaking out! My crazy exam dreams started last night...missing the bus, getting lost, etc etc

HSC
yay ECOP is over...the exam was fairly good. I wasn't sure about the SA questions but I thought my essay was good

Poor Cimbom :( I think she forgot to fill out the cover of her exam booklet, and the examiner wouldn't let her finish it after the exam was over. She looked a bit upset :(

HSC
N/A
Silver Persian said:
yay ECOP is over...the exam was fairly good. I wasn't sure about the SA questions but I thought my essay was good

Poor Cimbom :( I think she forgot to fill out the cover of her exam booklet, and the examiner wouldn't let her finish it after the exam was over. She looked a bit upset :(
Would that mean she gets 0 for it?

tennille

HSC
Stupid Electrical Engineering Building. We were 2 minutes into our exam and the fire alarm decided to go off. Luckily it wasnt anything serious so we just commenced our exam as soon as the alarm stopped.

nit

HSC
haha yeh I think I heard that from our building - we were in mechanical eng...we had ppl drilling and hammering and stuff throughout our exam though...

frootloop

HSC
:(

I haven't felt this horrible after an exam in about a year and a half...

Yes, chem was horrid. well, at least I thought it was... everyone else was all smiles and dancing and laughing and comparing answers and hugging each other and there was more dancing and merriment... go away.

Gah... I hate feeling average. I hate BEING average. Below average even. I hate uni. I feel like such a fraud. High UAI =/= smart. Such an idiot.

I think I've already lost a third of the marks from leaving questions out and guessing heaps of answers. Minus about 15-20 marks more (from stupid errors) and I'm just above a fail- if I'm lucky.

I am definitely NOT in the mood to study for my other exams.

lala2

Banned
HSC
awww..frootloop! *hugs* I thought it was manageable--not particularly hard or easy, just requires a little thinking, which was hard as I panicked when I discovered how 'slowly' I was going, rushed and realised I still had 45 minutes left, and had to use copious amounts of white out to compensate....

oh well, it's over, we should start studying for pharmacy, shouldn't we? good luck for the next one!

tennille

HSC
frootloop said:
:(

I haven't felt this horrible after an exam in about a year and a half...

Yes, chem was horrid. well, at least I thought it was... everyone else was all smiles and dancing and laughing and comparing answers and hugging each other and there was more dancing and merriment... go away.

Gah... I hate feeling average. I hate BEING average. Below average even. I hate uni. I feel like such a fraud. High UAI =/= smart. Such an idiot.

I think I've already lost a third of the marks from leaving questions out and guessing heaps of answers. Minus about 15-20 marks more (from stupid errors) and I'm just above a fail- if I'm lucky.

I am definitely NOT in the mood to study for my other exams.
I felt like that last year when I did the chem exam, and I ended up with a suprisingly better mark than I expected. Cheer up :). It's your first year and your first exam. Don't let it bring you down.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I honestly don't think I know any of my courses well enough. But I always think that, and I usually pull a good mark.

But by God I hate exams. Come on wednesday week, come on.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Silver Persian said:

yeah i thought it was allright

though i wanted an exam question on marx's view of inevitable crisis in the circulation of capital, because i studied that alot and would have written a HD worthy essay on it. Oh well i used the circulation of capital in the Keynes essay anyway to illustrate how investment (in the phase M-C) is important for production.

The short answer questions were good, i think i aced 4/6 of them, the other two, the ones about perfect competition and economic rationalism, were shit...but the other choices i had left after doing my best 4 i hadn't studied at all (diminishing utility and institutionalism) so oh well.

a page each for the SA questions (total 6 pages)

and 3 1/2 pages for the essay

pretty happy with that.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I thought I could write all my info (name, sID) after the test, so I left it til last and then in the last 10mins, the old man says that you can't. Yeah, last 10mins was crazy.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
HSTY1025 was a Cakewalk. Having said that, I was operating on three hours sleep and a Red Bull, forgot almost all of my historians, and wrote some overly general shit in a really disorganised fashion. Was a fair exam, though.

Hope all you historians had more success.

adambra

HSC
Who had that old lady for ECOP? The one breathing so heavily I thought she would keep over and die?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
c_james said:
HSTY1025 was a Cakewalk. Having said that, I was operating on three hours sleep and a Red Bull, forgot almost all of my historians, and wrote some overly general shit in a really disorganised fashion. Was a fair exam, though.

Hope all you historians had more success.
I was operating on V.

Libbster

HSC
one of the old lady supervisors kept picking up my multiple choice answer sheet and putting it inside my data booklet! and then she kept looking over my shoulder :burn:

to anyone who did the adv chem exam, did u figure out the equilibrium question. i didn't :(

oh well 1 down, 4 to go.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Where were you adv chem guys? Everyone came over to PNR which we CHEM1611 people were supposed to be, and then I think everyone realised there was more than one engineering building, cos they cleared pretty suddenly as soon as the doors opened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)