Freaking Out... (1 Viewer)

xxJTxx

HSC
Erm, for the moment, I'm not really freaking out....dunno if anyone else is experiencing this lack of freak out - but it just doesn't seem real JUST yet.
Even though i'm studying hooours a day, I don't think it has really sunken in yet that this is IT.

Is anyone else worried that they will freak out on the actual first exam? i.e. next friday, as we brace ourselves to enter the room of the AoS exam? (or in my case, the massive hall, which cracks and creeks all friggen day as the metal on the roof expands with the heat!)

Has anyone ever actual seen someone freak out right before an exam? A sibling/friend etc? What happened? How was it handled?

That'd be pretty horrible...makes for a good story to distract me from Harwood/anyone else who is on here procrastinating...:D

Bit of a silly thread..haha.

On another note..summer heights high tonight! :D woo!! :D

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
LOL

how many of these threads have been made? & then been locked? :D

I've seen a few people 'freak out' but it depends on what you define as 'freaking out'.

I haven't studied at all - roughly 8 hours in total since my trials. :eek: and im still feeling fairly relaxed. It'll sink in on the 18th of October - im sure of it. :D

Edit: <3 JONAH. 'Puck you'

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
To many it won't really seem all that real until you walk into your first exam. Then after that you would think (and for many of you hope) that you know that it is real and that you will be hardcore studying right until the end.

I guess when your studying you are only learning/revising/completing past papers. Unlike an assessment where you have an end date and you are creating something to hand in.So in that respect it can be hard.

Hmm people handle before exam in many differnt ways. I was one to site alone by before and not get caught up in all the pre exam worry. Others cluster in their friends group talking about how little study they have done and how much they are going to fail.

ellirene

HSC
my cousin was doing her hsc and was feeling heaps of cramps in her stomach, so much that she had to sit there for around 15 mins and grasp the pain. then about 5 mins later it turned out to be more serious and she was in absolute agony that she was all hunched over and bawling her eyes out, she was in so much pain that she doesnt even remember what was on the exam, all she remembers was how much she was hurting. anyway, the exam went on for 3 hours AND THIS WAS ONLY 45 MINS INTO IT!, she wasnt allowed out of the exam because of some shit bos rules, so the supervisors immediatly called an ambulance and the ambulance people had to wait outside for the whole 2 and a quarter hours before she came out of the exam!
anyway she went to hospital and turns out a cyst in her ovary had burst and if she had of been in that exam room for around another 30 mins, she probably could have died.

nice system board of studies.....

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ellirene said:
my cousin was doing her hsc and was feeling heaps of cramps in her stomach, so much that she had to sit there for around 15 mins and grasp the pain. then about 5 mins later it turned out to be more serious and she was in absolute agony that she was all hunched over and bawling her eyes out, she was in so much pain that she doesnt even remember what was on the exam, all she remembers was how much she was hurting. anyway, the exam went on for 3 hours AND THIS WAS ONLY 45 MINS INTO IT!, she wasnt allowed out of the exam because of some shit bos rules, so the supervisors immediatly called an ambulance and the ambulance people had to wait outside for the whole 2 and a quarter hours before she came out of the exam!
anyway she went to hospital and turns out a cyst in her ovary had burst and if she had of been in that exam room for around another 30 mins, she probably could have died.

nice system board of studies.....
le gasp! :eek:

Last edited:

Crizzy

HSC
Same, im not freaking out or stressing yet...and I haven't been studying much too.
Last year at my school some people were crying before they entered the exam

xxJTxx

HSC
tanjin said:
LOL

how many of these threads have been made? & then been locked? :D
haha oops :p

Hrm, i've only once ever seen a crier, in my grade for trials :)

I'd have thought if you were clearly agonising in pain they would let you out of the exam room, regardless of what time it was? I guess if you were a distraction...they'd kick you out not let you out haha.

AND it's true..its weird cause its so very different. this sounds lame, yeah, but i don't care. i'm so used to assessment tasks / internal exams where i know my teacher / what teacher will be marking it all..so its like.."gotta impress them"..but for this, its just so different. your paper is one of thousands, its not personal, and you don't actually find out your actual raw marks!

I think ill be a sitter-aloner prior to the exams...or i say i'll be, but ill end up just chatting away with friends etc prior to them haha

starrysky

HSC
I'm worried that I'll freak out after my first exam. Or right before it, when the magnitude of these exams really sink in. I got a taste of it today when I went to an in-school Math session and was shown how much of the coursework I DIDN'T know.

P A N I C K I N G ...

meghanhelena

HSC
Alas, alack.
On the morning of my Trial for Extension English I was driving to school and passed a police-y man with a speed camera. Horror- I was incidently speeding and drove the rest of the way to school "freaking out." Just before my exam I had a panic attack and had to go in crying... and then leave crying... Twas a sad day all round, as I sat in the co-ordinator's office and she made me do my exam. :(
I really hope it doesn't happen for the real thing.
Maybe I'll catch the bus.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
was meant to get up at 9
woke up at 1:15pm
wtf
yeah am not really stressing, get random anxious moments, like today when i realised how much stuff i still needed to go through and how little time is left . but then i was like "no only little time left before ENGLISH, there's still around 17 days before any of your other exams"
hence the lack of OMGOMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMG
still studying my arse off though

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
omgsh same i woke up at that time as well even though i tried to force myself to sleep. i slept again at 4 but my sleeping patterns are now ruined :(
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

i used to sleep at four, pushed it back to 3 :mad1: hurrah

I BELEIVE THAT THE BOS IS AGAINST NOCTURNAL PEOPLE

EXAMS FROM 7-11PM I SAY!!!!

lol *sigh* if only all my exams weren't in the morning, bloody languages and vet courses have dominated the arvos *shakes fist*

starrysky

HSC
I say it'd be bloody better if we all did the HSC at like 10 PM. Now THAT would be awesome.

Eh. I'm slowly dying of panic here ... so much Math content to squeeze into the next ... seven hours ... and then again over the next week.

Mental note: Must see all teachers next week with re-writes and whatever shit that happens to be 2984726482746 weeks overdue.

xxJTxx

HSC
Haha I was calming down a friend yesterday who was freaking out about everything..that was fun.

I slept in this morning, cause I didn't want to wake up to doing HARWOOD AGAIN!

The only exams i'm 'worried' about atm are my english's...like the modules paper is just death. 2hrs, 3 responses..time management in that paper is so crucial. i actually remember seeing a girl after last years hsc, one of my sis' friends...she was crying cause she only got half way through her last module essay...>.< i am determined to make sure tht doesn't happen.

collide

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
omgsh same i woke up at that time as well even though i tried to force myself to sleep. i slept again at 4 but my sleeping patterns are now ruined :(
LOL yeah ive been sleeping at 4 and waking up at 12-1 everyday even though I plan to get up at 9 as well. Gotta get sleeping patterns back to normal.. don't wanna be late for an exam haha that would be horrible.
My lack of study should be making me 'freak out' but im not.. not yet anyway lol.

starrysky

HSC
xxJTxx said:
Haha I was calming down a friend yesterday who was freaking out about everything..that was fun.

I slept in this morning, cause I didn't want to wake up to doing HARWOOD AGAIN!

The only exams i'm 'worried' about atm are my english's...like the modules paper is just death. 2hrs, 3 responses..time management in that paper is so crucial. i actually remember seeing a girl after last years hsc, one of my sis' friends...she was crying cause she only got half way through her last module essay...>.< i am determined to make sure tht doesn't happen.
EEEEEEEE. Same. >_< -panics- Holy shitsticks!

I'm fine for Harwood. Just Emma/Clueless and Powerplay that I'm frickin' screwed for. Must. Read. Macquarie Guides. WHOO.

-collapses-

I plan to study on the train to my cousin's house today ... wahhh.

So. Who here is panicking? At least, slightly panicking? -shoots hand in the air-

samuel slack

HSC
xxJTxx said:
Damn english paper 2. That's shaping up to be a real bastard of a paper for me. I have transformations under control (I think)... and I'm starting to really get a good handle on Frontline. But Harwood will be hell. God I hope they don't ask a specific question on one of her poems... and then business studies the day after... argh!! That is my only worry at the moment. I feel like I'm gonna ace AOS, glad I've put so much time into it.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
samuel slack said:
Damn english paper 2. That's shaping up to be a real bastard of a paper for me. I have transformations under control (I think)... and I'm starting to really get a good handle on Frontline. But Harwood will be hell. God I hope they don't ask a specific question on one of her poems... and then business studies the day after... argh!! That is my only worry at the moment. I feel like I'm gonna ace AOS, glad I've put so much time into it.
my english teacher has told me that i'm going to do fantastically in the exam, i refuse to believe him, and yet him saying that is making me rather complacent
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i'm actually so much more focused on ext english these days, i have no idea why, i just wanna sit around doing ext, i know i know it scares me too

samuel slack

HSC
I wish I'd done ext english in prelim instead of ext maths... what a waste of time that was.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
I wish I'd done ext english in prelim instead of ext maths... what a waste of time that was.
RTFG for Extension is easy as shit! So glad i didnt do postmodernism or crime fiction :D

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
tanjin said:
RTFG for Extension is easy as shit! So glad i didnt do postmodernism or crime fiction :D
RTFG?
retreat from the global?

damn i wish we'd done something easy
but no! we got landed with good ole gendered language, the topic that probably only i don't know 50 or 60 ( that might be pushing it a bit..) people in the state do
hence there are virtually no resources on it
hurrah for bullshit
but apparently my teacher thinks i'm getting it now...like 2-3 weeks before the exam lol better than 2-3 MINUTES before the exam though...

why is it that i'm not freaking out? so weird, i think my hsc stress has manifested itself in a weird obsession that i now have with meat, or lack thereof. i can't eat meat anymore cos i'm so paranoid im gonna get mad cow disease or a tape worm or something, i can only just manage chicken.
grrrrrrrrrrr there goes half of my fast food favourites , parents are vego tho so it's not like i'm gonna starve :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I'M FREAKING OUT THAT I'M NOT FREAKING OUT

woot long rambly comment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)