• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Freaking out! (1 Viewer)

Jats

Hey ppl, i just discovered this place( damn have i been deprived)........and ive just seen the 2004 cut-offs. i applied for psychology at ANU but just missed out with the new cut-offs. However, there are apparently still vacancies in the course.......what r my chances of getting psychology in the late round offers, considering it was my 1st preference??

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
not to burst your bubble but probably slim.... uai cut offs tend to rise in the later round offers because there are limited places etc etc...
but there is no harm in trying anyway
been discussed in some other threads in more detail if you can be fucked finding it

Jats

yeh....thought so.......ill just go back to being depressed....thanx anyways!

santaslayer

HSC
but also a lot of courses decrease their cut offs due to loess demand.....u just have to try and hope for the best

David27

UAI's will go up with the later round preferences. You have next to no chance if your UAI is below the initial cut off.
Your best bet is to find a degree that allows you to major in psychology. Usually bachelor of Science or arts, depending on the UNI lets you major in them.
Most honours students at USYD in psychology come from the BA and BSc.
The australian Psychological society accredit all University Psych courses to satisfy their requirement to become a psychologist- if that is your intention. The requirement is the number of units/courses/ studied, not necessarily the title of your final degree. As long as you have the minimum accredited sequence of psych units, you can do any degree that allows that number of permissable psych units.

Jats

Ok i just give up.......im just gonna accept the offer for my 2nd pref and hope i cant transfer into a combined degree of law and social sci next yr!!

Jats

can i aso ask, anyone here thats a student at UC in canberra?? i'm just really curious bout how it is up there.....i'm sooo nervous bout uni, being from a small country town and all......i dont think ill fit in!!

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jats
can i aso ask, anyone here thats a student at UC in canberra?? i'm just really curious bout how it is up there.....i'm sooo nervous bout uni, being from a small country town and all......i dont think ill fit in!!
Yep, I am...

Any questions - email me @ c.m.elliott@student.canberra.edu.au

I dont visit the forums much any more - but check my email daily.

UC will NOT be making final or late round offers so you need to have selected and got an offer in the main round....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)