Free Careers Resource for Students (1 Viewer)

willzinho

HSC
Hey guys & gals,

Hope you're all going well, and congrats to those who got offer from uni! :) :headbang:

My name's Will, and I wanted to drop by and get your opinions on something.

(Long story short) I graduated in 2004, went to UTS and did a Bachelor of Science in IT degree and have been working as an IT professional for the past 5 or 6 years or so.
A while ago, I pretty much realised that I hate my job/ industry and wanted to change careers and become a Biologist. I thought that they were on boats all day, kayaking after turtles etc, but had no real idea of what the job was like day to day.

I looked around online, and couldn't really find any good info in one place, and my bro (who just got his offer last week) said the same thing about the profession he wanted to get into.

I had a really crappy Careers Advisor when I went to high school - and heard the same from HEAPS of other people I talked to, so I'm working with a mentor of mine to see if we can improve the info out there about careers etc. to save more people ending up where I was, or to help people get their foot into industry faster so they can figure out if its what they want to with less risk/ time etc.

So pretty much, the only thing I've got from my 5 years in IT was a pretty good network of professionals (including CEOs etc.) and I'm going to leverage this to launch a FREE online resource for current and future students. I'll be putting up info. on what its actually like working in certain careers, as well as resources like resume templates for first time job hunters etc (one of the big things my bro's friends asked for) and was wondering if anyone else would be interested??

If so, check out this link: http://goo.gl/f0E0F and let me know. The web resources are going to be 100% free, but would really appreciate all your feedback to see if this is something that would be worth doing.

Thanks y'all :)

Will :guitar:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)