• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Free Electives and General Education (1 Viewer)

super11

HSC
So i read about free elective and general education courses and i'm planning on doing 2 majors in my commerce degree. So each major is 48uoc combined with the compulsory core and flexible core of 24uoc that would mean a total of 120uoc. And the general education totals 12uoc. That means for free elective i have 24uoc is that correct? (though im sure it's obvious) Also what are free electives? lol Because general education courses make us choose 2 6uoc subjects in a different faculty. Are free electives similar?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sounds right, yeah.

Free electives are anything you want - as long as you meet prerequisites.

Swip

HSC
On another note do employers care about our choice of free electives that we made especially when the subjects are completely unrelated to the degree.

kennyb22

HSC
On another note do employers care about our choice of free electives that we made especially when the subjects are completely unrelated to the degree.
Nah.

They don't "care" but it is possible they might prefer someone who has minored in a degree that is relevant to the job than someone who has minored in something completely irrelevant. Although I doubt it's ever that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)