free english essay marking (1 Viewer)

blackratpoo

HSC
I am no longer marking essays. Sorry :(

I have had a terrible experience with a student who I won't name (even though I should). Basically I helped this person out by annotating their essay thoroughly. As I have been doing for all the essays I've marked, I cropped a sample paragraph from one of my essays into my Marker's Comment below the essay so students can see the depth of analysis required and how to "synthesise" in a coherent fashion. I made it explicitly clear to each person that this paragraph was for demonstrative purposes only and that they should apply all of their content to the structure shown in the paragraph. In my head it made sense at the time and I thought it was a legitimate way to teach new kids but how this turned on me. This student was so fucking retarded they just cropped it into their first paragraph (whole, like not a change in the world...btw, it had nothing to do with their thesis) and then had the ordasity to send the essay back to me. Not only this but I abbreviated points for them in the annotations (Such as, E.g. "We need a sense of connection because; it affirms our sense of self. Encourages individuality. Celebrates diversity and identity.") and they quite literally just copied these short little points and dumped them into the essay. Like the sentences didn't even make sense. They were notes! It was so ridiculous I thought the person must of been joking but at the bottom of the email it says "I worked really hard on this all night. Hope you like it. Be critical on me. I respond well to criticism". So basically, they expected me to just to write their whole fucking essay for them. This has both angered and humiliated me. So, the selfishness of this little prick sees the end of my good deed for 2011. Sorry for everyone else but I trusted and the trust was abused. Fucking twat.

So this is why I will not be marking anymore essays. However, if you search through this thread there are other previous users offering to mark essays.

Btw, I didn't want to disclose the degenerate's gender hence, the use of third person.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
:)

That's really generous, some people who are charging $30 per essay. I'll PM you when I do some essays these holidays.

HSC
N/A
Wow, hmm thanx man. That'd be really good help!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Haha, I'll have thousands of essays once I start school this year.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
hmmm something feels sus. what if this person is an imposter, tryin to get our essays so she can copy in HSC... seems too good to be true, her account could be a phoney. ...but she is a senior member with 245 post so hmmmm -_- If i make any essays later during the year i'll pm you.

does anyone know this user (the OP)?

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
If only you could've offered this service 1 year earlier :(

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
hmmm something feels sus. what if this person is an imposter, tryin to get our essays so she can copy in HSC... seems too good to be true, her account could be a phoney. ...but she is a senior member with 245 post so hmmmm -_- If i make any essays later during the year i'll pm you.

does anyone know this user (the OP)?
the OP seems geniune, I have seen them around here before and on their profile it say "high school graduation 2010 " , and this account was opened in 2008, its unlikely this person is doing it to steal essays

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
the OP seems geniune, I have seen them around here before and on their profile it say "high school graduation 2010 " , and this account was opened in 2008, its unlikely this person is doing it to steal essays
fair enough, lets just hope shes not taking em to help a little sister or something similar ahaha.

@OP the world needs more people like you :)

Gigacube

HSC
Thanks for the offer! I might pm you later this year & ask you to mark some of my essays. :)

Alkanes

HSC
very nice of you my friend. expect over 100 essays from me this year haha!! cheers

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
OP, you're gonna get craptons of essays (maybe from me as well).

blackratpoo

HSC
omg. i never expected this response. lol. im kinda scared now. i've already done a $hitload. im not an essaythief, haha. i couldnt care less about the hsc..its over for me.

i'll only be doing it until uni starts though. sorry. btw, from the essays ive received, they are very undeveloped which i guess is to be understood as you have only been in yr 12 for a couple of months but if it doesnt have quotes and techniques (which most havnt so far) then im not marking it. its so sad i even have to say that. also, im not marking belonging essays that use the word 'belonging' more than 3 times.

Pyrobooby

HSC
Urgh - my first draft mentions the word "belonging" 24 times.

Pyrobooby

HSC
Is mentioning the word "belonging" too many times considered taboo or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)