Free Essay Feedback/Advice :) (1 Viewer)

wishingstars

HSC
Hey guys!
I'm a 2014 HSC graduate and since I have spare time now (which I thought could be put to better use), I figured I may as well post a thread on BOS on helping people out with their essays. You may notice I didn't mention the word "marking" in the title of my thread. To be completely honest with you, this is because I'm not very familiar with most of the newly assigned English Adv. texts (sure, I've read some for leisure but leisure is fairly different to in-depth analysis).

So, essentially, you can send me your essays and I can give you feedback on them (but it'll mainly be in terms of essay structure, style and sophistication). The only text that hasn't changed (for me anyway) is Module B Hamlet which, I think many of you haven't even started yet because it's only Term 1 - but if you PM me, I'll try my best to answer any questions you may have about this module :D

This service (I'm not sure if you can call it that :p) is completely free - I just want to help out anyone who's struggling (because I know how tough the last 2 senior years can be). I'm pretty friendly so don't be afraid to ask me questions!

Also, just in case anyone wanted credentials (somewhat) - I recently graduated from a selective school (top 5) and was ranked top 25 in my cohort for Advanced English.

I'm not sure how long this'll run for (I'm going overseas soon) but I will try to respond to as many people as possible as quickly as possible. If you do need to send anything over that needs feedback/advice, please PM (private message) me.

Thanks for reading this post!
-Helen :)

Last edited:

OL_O

HSC
N/A
Bump, wishingstars is incredible with her english services, she helped me out with my creative writing and suggested a few ideas I never would have been able to think of I highly recommend her service.

turntaker

HSC
Can you give feedback for 2 paragraphs for 2 different related texts. They're both about discovery. :)

wishingstars

HSC
Bump, wishingstars is incredible with her english services, she helped me out with my creative writing and suggested a few ideas I never would have been able to think of I highly recommend her service.
Thanks for the incredibly sweet message! :)

wishingstars

HSC
Hi guys,
just wanted to say - I'm leaving overseas on Wednesday morning. (I did mention this in my original post!)
I haven't been on a trip for leisure in ages so this is really a trip to have lots of fun and all :)
That's why I won't be as active starting from Wednesday onwards. I hope you guys understand.
If I do find some spare time while I'm overseas (if I get home not too late at night), I'll try to find some time to mark drafts and other things you may PM me.
No guarantees though!
I hope you guys understand :D
It's a 3 week trip so once I'm back I should be pretty active! :)

wishingstars

HSC
Hey guys! Just wanted to say sorry for those people who I didn't get a chance to reply to. I hope you guys still gave it your very best! I'm still going to be quite inactive during this period of time but when I do get the chance again, I will make another post so you guys have the opportunity to send me stuff! Thanks for your patience.

-Helen.

lanamohd

HSC
Hey Helen!
Would you be able to read over my essay? It's about discovery and is based on two related texts.

Thanks a bunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)