FREE PHYS/CHEM from a STATE RANKER (1 Viewer)

Jayson89

HSC
The next lesson will the Physics: Electromagnetic Induction and Eddy currents, on Thursday March 14, 4:45-6pm. As usual it's free, it's at Parramatta library, and I will be covering exam technique and sample questions as well. I have stopped doing Chemistry lectures at the library, but Kevin Jiang will be continuing them. The next Chem lesson is on titration. It's on Wednesday March 13, 4:45-6pm.

Hi everybody! My name is Jayson, and I will be running COMPLETELY FREE lecture-style Physics classes at Parramatta library.

I attained STATE RANKS in both subjects in 2009, and have 3 years of tutoring experience. Check out my full credentials HERE.

What will I cover?

The difficult concepts which you must understand for HSC success.
YES. I will use analogies to make it easy for you to fully understand the key concepts. If many of you request a concept which you don't understand from school, I will teach it in the next class.

Exam tips and technique.
YES. We will go through sample questions and analyse how students with the same level of knowledge can get different marks.

Content to be memorised.
NO. You can memorise facts at home. I want to give you as much value as possible in the limited time that we have together.

Everyone is welcome, so feel free to bring your friends too :biggrin:
. Please comment below if you're thinking of coming so I know how many people to expect.

My friend is running the same thing for English. Check it out HERE!

I also also run accelerated classes with small groups for $30/hr

Last edited:

Aysce

HSC
Wow that sounds great! I'm most likely coming - just have to make sure nothing clashes with the sessions.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I'm definitely interested! Might bring a friend or 2 along (you might know them lol).

It's going to be Acidic for Chem I presume?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm interested, might bring a friend or something if they want to.

Jayson89

HSC
I'm definitely interested! Might bring a friend or 2 along (you might know them lol).

It's going to be Acidic for Chem I presume?
Great! I was thinking of starting with Production of Materials, but are you saying you prefer Acidic environment so that you can learn it ahead of school? What does everybody else think? Production or Acidic?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Great! I was thinking of starting with Production of Materials, but are you saying you prefer Acidic environment so that you can learn it ahead of school? What does everybody else think? Production or Acidic?
Tbh I'd prefer Acidic since it's harder to grasp conceptually (at least in my opinion).

Besides galvanic cells/redox, there's really not many 'difficult' concepts in Production of Materials.

Titration, Le Chateliers all seem to be more difficult things.

Furthermore, I'd say that most people have already done Production at school and they could revise it at home given that so much of it is just memorising.

Just my 2 cents.

fishrushed

HSC
Sounds great :D
Will probably be coming but unsure as of yet

HSC
Tbh I'd prefer Acidic since it's harder to grasp conceptually (at least in my opinion).

Besides galvanic cells/redox, there's really not many 'difficult' concepts in Production of Materials.

Titration, Le Chateliers all seem to be more difficult things.

Furthermore, I'd say that most people have already done Production at school and they could revise it at home given that so much of it is just memorising.

Just my 2 cents.
+1

iParkour

HSC
N/A
Sounds Awesome!
Ill be bringing a friend along if that allright.
Thanks

99 plus

HSC
I'm going to come and might bring a friend. Thanks bro

Jayson89

HSC
Great! =) Can you guys mention whether you prefer Module 1 or Module 2, because I will be deciding which one I'm teaching in the first lesson soon.

epz

HSC
Definitely coming to the chemistry class! Noted and invited 2 or so friends. Looking forward to this :)

Jayson89

HSC
Module 2 please!
I'm going to begin with Module 2 for both Phys and Chem since that's what most of you want. Besides, 'Motors and Gens' and 'The Acidic Environment' contain most of the difficult concepts from the HSC courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)