Free set top boxes for pensioners (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Opposition will enjoy attacking it as a gimmicky sounding expense on a deficit budget.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
What about doing something remotely productive like increasing the pension to something that one can actually live off.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
of course they are rude and unpleasant

the part of the brain that controls the inhibition of certain social behaviors deteriorates in old age

itll happen to u too

Last edited:
HSC
What about doing something remotely productive like increasing the pension to something that one can actually live off.
the fuck for

what to encourage people to not put aside adequate money to fund their own retirement oh okay gr8 idea

Lentern

HSC
of course they are rude and unpleasant

the part of the brain that controls the inhibition of certain social behaviors deteriorates in old age

itll happen to u too
Not me, I'll be taken up to heaven body and soul when I turn 24.

HSC
pension should be being phased out over the next 20 years

current 80yr olds are the ones who may have missed out on super and need the pension but in 20yrs time there shouldnt be anyone who hasnt had 40years of super stashed away

kill old people

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
the fuck for

what to encourage people to not put aside adequate money to fund their own retirement oh okay gr8 idea
It's a fantastic and well overdue idea. Obviously not everyone is able to fund their own retirement.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Because they have been welfare monkeys their whole lives

Don't got no supa if ya boos is da gummint sapport

Lentern

HSC
Because some, like my gran, were married for twenty years to an alcoholic in an era where the man had near complete control over the family finances(and no she wasn't a stay at home mum, she worked). You might be right in that had she and Grandad been working and spending thriftily the whole time they might have been able to retire in comfort but it sure as hell ain't her fault.

HSC
also im talking post super, old people now had poor foresight in many aspects of life, no one born since 1970 will have any excuses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)