Free stuff?? (1 Viewer)

boyboy

Hello
anyone knows whats happening on enrolment and orientation week?? I wanna know if we get free stuff like books, pens, stationary equipment.... oh yer do we have to pay for the student ID cards and stuff like that? oh yer how do we get a bus or train pass or fare concession thing ??

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
At enrolment you'll get most of that... free study - O-Week, ie. first week of uni.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by boyboy
oh yer how do we get a bus or train pass or fare concession thing ??
you have to fill out a form, i think they will tell us about it on enrolement. otherwise go and pick one up from the lincoln (sp) building - student services, they are green

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by boyboy
Hello
anyone knows whats happening on enrolment and orientation week?? I wanna know if we get free stuff like books, pens, stationary equipment.... oh yer do we have to pay for the student ID cards and stuff like that? oh yer how do we get a bus or train pass or fare concession thing ??
we get free books as in notepads ?
But of course i want my MQ pen and ruler :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
wat else do u do on enrolment day? do u sign up to clubs and stuff 2?
umm i think so. you also get your book list, get your photo taken for your card (i wonder if we get the card on the day too) and get your diary

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
My friend currently in 2nd year said that on enrolment day we need a tonne of signatures from ppl from different departments ; hence the reason we cant enrol 1st online.
True ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
man, newcastles system seems so much easier!

btw, does anyone know wat Magniloquent means (ie, my status)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
you have to fill out a form, i think they will tell us about it on enrolement. otherwise go and pick one up from the lincoln (sp) building - student services, they are green
That's all the formal university stuff.
Originally posted by Grizzly
we get free books as in notepads ?
But of course i want my MQ pen and ruler :rolleyes:
From memory you can get a hat of some kind... or I did last year.

I don't know about free books. But there'll be heaps of free pens... enough to last a semester from experience ;)

Originally posted by Leanne
other than hand in timetable etc.....wat else do u do on enrolment day? do u sign up to clubs and stuff 2?
For clubs/societies you'll have to wait til first week. It'll all be clear by then.
Originally posted by Grizzly
My friend currently in 2nd year said that on enrolment day we need a tonne of signatures from ppl from different departments ; hence the reason we cant enrol 1st online.
True ?
It can be, most it's usually just one signature and that's it, unless you have things in your timetable which need attention.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i hope it goes smoothly and i hope it is not hot

Leanne

HSC
yes!! definately!!

i spose u can go by urself and make new friends while going on process.....my mum was gonna come with me- do u think that'll make me look like a baby?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
leanne - she can come if she wants. people probably won't remember you later anyway. the thing is is she really going to be able to help you? if not and you don't want her to be there then maybe she can go to mac centre. do whatever makes you comfortable

yeah i am hoping to meet some people on that day, hopefully from my classes.

Leanne

HSC
well she doesnt have to go....i was mainly worried about looking really lost...and being really lost...but i spose there will be a whole lot of ppl in the same situation....:)

and i spose if i have the car i can drive home whenever..or stay over at my bf's place nearby....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
everyone will be lost! and you can just ask someone and then be lost together. anyway, it's not a big deal, do whatever you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)