FREE subscription Lawyers Weekly & monthly Women in Law supplement valued at $189 (1 Viewer)

sugared plum

HSC
When you join Women Lawyer's Association of Australia for $11.25

Plus you get discounts to really interesting events (run by WLA and also other associations eg LRA).
eg coming up 19 may "Mental Health Issues and the Law" ($10 discount)

Fantastic offer hey?
It doesn't say anywhere that men cannot join -
I encourage everyone to join; if they complain/dispute men being members it will be very interesting

so it's an association..
*is it a union. when you join a union you are member participant- acting on things for yr own benefit; and association for and of "women lawyers".
*is it a society for the interest of women lawyers? not necessarily purely comprised of women lawyers? eg media (or something) officer of WLA isn't a lawyer. like the immigration minister isn't an immigrant ?? so anyone interested in women and the law can join?

thoughts?

www.womenlawyersunsw.org.au

sugared plum

HSC
originally lawyer associations were exclusively run by men and exclusively concerned men.
so, some people would say, yes, the societies are male by design and operation (even though they have gender-neutral names are women are allowed to be members)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you know SP, you can read the lawyersweekly for free on the net ^.^

sugared plum

HSC
haha i didn't know that.
but magazines are more exciting on paper than on computer screens. they come in the post as packages and that is exciting. and they have shiny pictures to cut out and put on the ceiling so you can look at pictures of nice/terrifying law things/people.

join join join you can put it in yr CV under "Associations" !!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sugared plum said:
join join join you can put it in yr CV under "Associations" !!
but i'm a chauvinistic male from a tradition public school with a massive Old Boys club!!!

you join :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You know, if you wanted to pick up sp you could just go down to Oxford St instead of promoting yet another Women's association. Men have never been big on dykes/feminists so I can assure you that none of us are upset that we can't join your club (women's only gyms are another story). Besides that, I see no point to yet another women's only club.

sugared plum

HSC
i didn't tell people about this to pick up; i did it so people could get free subscriptions.
i think that is quite clear in my post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)