free trade/protection stats (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
can anyone send me some free/trade and protection statistics just in case we get that tomorrow because that’s the only thing i don’t have stats for 😬

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Here are some information related to free trade and protection which I believe would be beneficial:

The introduction of the Australia-United States free trade agreement in 2004 saw the abolishment of barriers to trade for Australian and American exporters. It also implemented the elimination in tariffs of the export of manufactured goods. Tariffs were removed on approximately 66% of agricultural goods such as beef, dairy and avocadoes.

The implementation of the free trade agreement with the United States of America has had implications for the Australian economy, some of which are beneficial. As the United States is one of Australia’s major trading partners, accounting for around 7.1% of exports, the elimination of tariffs allows Australian producers to be more competitive in the United States market.

Australia has had an increasingly prevalent role in the promotion of free trade and is demonstrated through its membership of the WTO. Until recently, Australia has had high levels of protection. Free trade has been promoted through unilaterally reduced tariffs. Tariff levels in Australia were relatively high (approximately 30%) until the election of the Whitlam government which had reduced tariff levels by about 25%.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)