anyone know any good free webspace providers which:

dont have ads
is fast
has 30+ mb of space
supports use of asp and ftp uploads

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mmm never mind ill stick with my telstra broadband webspace and use another site to host asp files

does it come with domain name salad?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
thats only if u host the webspace on ur computer tho~

using iis or apache or sth similar

xJennax

HSC
It's going to be a bit hard finding a free one with that much space and no ads. Your best bet would be to get cheap hosting... hostgator, godaddy and bluehost are good. Or you could find someone to host you on a subdomain, I can't do it sorry because I don't have separate FTP accounts set up for my domains.

sca

HSC
Lavenderpup said:
Asp? Not very likely. But http://core-fusion.net has free webspace if you post a certain amount a month, as do other post2hosts.
Speaking of post2hosts...

By far the best free webhost I know of is Frihost. I don't even know how to impress upon people how much better they are than anything else I've seen.

No forced ads (although you're allowed to put up your own)
250mb of space
10gb bandwidth per month
Php and perl scripting
Mambo, phpBB, SMF, Xoops and PostNuke compatable
DirectAdmin cpanel
Fast and reliable
They never take donations
Unlimited MySQL databases, subdomains, ftp accounts, email accounts, parked/addon domains....
and other bits and pieces.

All you have to do is be active on their forums.

This means 5 initial quality posts to have your hosting application approved (can take a couple days), and after that you get points for posting (the amount determined by the length of your post).
You lose a point each day, and all you have to do is keep yourself in the positive... so really you can get away with just a handful of posts a month.

I was skeptical at first, however the boards are broad, active and well moderated :p so I actually like the forum as much as the hosting... so it's not hard to post enough, lol.

And I really feel like a part of a community there... n'aw.

=> Jess

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)