French 2004 Top of State (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Are you for real? That is excellent! So what's next for you kim? Med? :D

Eagerly awaiting 19th or 20th Jan....

I want my BA (Languages)!

malkin86

HSC
I got 67 for my HSC mark.. :( But I have a reason! I got 73 as my exam mark, which I'm fairly happy about, and then I got *60* as an estimate from my teacher.. He must have been nursing a secret vendetta against me. I never even got as low as 65 in any of my in-class tests! I was so pissed off about it. Just because I called him on the ruckus some of the f*ckers were causing, and just because it made me cry.. 60??

The only comfort I've got for French is that I showed him. I got heaps better than he thought I would. :p If I see any of those f*ckers again, it will be too bloody soon.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
malkin86 said:
I got 67 for my HSC mark.. :( But I have a reason! I got 73 as my exam mark, which I'm fairly happy about, and then I got *60* as an estimate from my teacher.
Bummer...that's a bit harsh. Why'd you get an estimate anyway?

k_i_mm_i said:
i got 95 for cont and 47/50 for extension.
Way to go. Congrats on your heaps good uai too. Yeah so like chepas said what's your first pref?

chepas said:
I want my BA (Languages)!
is that the 97-ish one from sydney uni? good luck with that, hope you get in. You doing both French and German? I wish i could do something purely language-based - something like international studies would be really interesting.

malkin86

HSC
I'm not sure why. It just sucks that his opinion of me can sabotage my marks so much, and I can't appeal it or anything, because appealing only remarks your paper, they don't ask your teacher anything.

chepas

HSC
malkin said:
...as an estimate from my teacher
Mmm teacher guesses seem really inaccurate because all of us sucked in English and we all got about 5 - 15 marks better than in our trials when the HSC marks came about, due to scaling etc no doubt, but yeah. Their estimates were, for our classes at least, a bit unfounded.

malkin said:
I can't appeal it or anything, because appealing only remarks your paper
I thought they'd review your assessment mark as well, wouldn't they? Unless they still trust the teacher's judgement? Mmm... If it was his opinion of yoou that might ahve affected your marks, that's pretty sick, the bad sick...

kaz said:
hope you get in. You doing both French and German?
So do I :D. I was/am eligible for that EAS thing so maaaybe that would scrape me in! Like I might have already typed, the intake for that degree prog. is only 30ish a year!!! I'd definately do French major, and Music major, but not sure about German. Probably just do the language units and no options, so not a major. Plus I wanted to do Linguistics as well.

malkin86

HSC
I must say that I'm dissapointed with my french mark, and I still feel sad about it, because it was the only subject that I had in which I could have my own opinion, but it's not the end of the world. The end of the world has more fireworks. ;)

Good luck in getting into what you want to do, everyone. :-D

chepas

HSC
malkin said:
The end of the world has more fireworks. ;)
I've got this vision of the millions of billions of people packed into Sydney Harbour, watching the fireworks and the crappy ball thingo on the bridge, then all of the sudden the seas part and up comes this godzilla figure, ready to destroy everything.

anz

hey chepas - i want to do BA Languages @ USYD as well!

i didnt know they only took 30 in every year tho - thats a bit scary! im going to do a french major too, and im thinking about spanish (even tho i dont know any spanish!)
i'll probly see you round (if, no when, we both get in!)

chepas

HSC
Hey cool! Did you get the cut off for it? Is it your first preference?

I am definately doing French Major and Music Major, and hopefully German (which I dunno, if I want to continue to the Bachelor of Teaching in postgrad, to do two diff. subject areas like Music/LOTE, you can only do one language in the LOTE so I don't know if I will bother...), if that means I won't keel over with too much work!

And for the mandatory semester overseas I want to go to either McGill Uni in Canada (Montréal) or Uni of Paris (la Sorbonne) :D.

If I don't get the BA Lang I'll be a bit down, but I'll still, touchwood, get the normal BA.

Offers need to come out NOW. I'm over waiting...

EDIT: God I've just realised that I've said the same thing (re: what I want to do) about 3 times in three different messages in this thread! I'm sorry tlm. Less narcissism from me.... :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

anz

that sounds good, hope you get in! i should get in (my uai was 99.9) but it'll be good to have it all finalised!
i want to do definitely a french major, with probably government and international relations as my other, plus units of another language (spanish or italian i think)

it siounds like a great degreee, can't wait for the semester (or year!) overseas! I'd love to go to la sorbonne too - that would be so awesome!

omg_a

HSC
holy dooly! 99.9! there are so many smart frenchies on this boars. crazy.

i hope u get in to BA lan. chepas-it sounds perfect for me! i have a friend who wants to do that too! (on BoS as 'welshi') .

kimmi, what do you want to do?

the preliminary round cutoff for arts/law @anu was 95, so i should be right for the main round. oh! grandes nouvelles! i got offerred a scholarship to go to ANU..., very happy!.

i want to do an exchange during my degree to france ( i'm going to major in french) and i'm thinking of Sciences-Po (it's one of the grandes ecoles, and it's in Paris.... *sigh* )

ahh i'm excited...i just want the offers to come out!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Kaz- thanks! u did great too! I thought u did jap too as ur name is kazuya but nooo u do french ahaha how wierd..but good wierd.!

im not going to uni next yr, ive decided to go to a hospo college and study event management but i put in uac just for fun and i put macquarie (law + commerce) as my first preference hehe

good luck everyone hopefully u all get the pref u deserve

chepas

HSC
99.9, anz! Crikey well done for that! Say hello to your BA Lang :D.

And excellent well done to a for your scholarship! Is it a full one thingo? How set are you hehe :D.

82 and a bit hours until preferences come out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)