French Beginners Exam (1 Viewer)

HSC
I probs won't get any reply to this thread, but how did the French exam go?? I thought it was MUCH MUCH easier than last year's and previous years!! I had no time to check, but that was because I went really slowly. Finished in time though. For listening, I could actually understand at least 90% of what was being said, and I usually do crap in listening. Reading and writing was good too!! I don't know if it's the exam that's been made easier compared to last years, or if it's my teachers' superb teaching skills :)

tara1794

HSC
French was okay :) however, had maths right before it so I was really tired from that...but it wasn't too bad :) I reckon I might get a Band 6, if not then Band 5 :)

chopperboy87

HSC
N/A
I probs won't get any reply to this thread, but how did the French exam go?? I thought it was MUCH MUCH easier than last year's and previous years!! I had no time to check, but that was because I went really slowly. Finished in time though. For listening, I could actually understand at least 90% of what was being said, and I usually do crap in listening. Reading and writing was good too!! I don't know if it's the exam that's been made easier compared to last years, or if it's my teachers' superb teaching skills :)
You're not alone! I do French by distance education (which sucks), the HSC speaking exam was the first time I'd ever spoke french in person since I started in year eleven!
I finished with a good 40 minutes to spare.
It was very very easy, the listening was too.

My average this year has been a solid 98 (I love my french)
What are you hoping to get Pandey? :D.

HSC
You're not alone! I do French by distance education (which sucks), the HSC speaking exam was the first time I'd ever spoke french in person since I started in year eleven!
I finished with a good 40 minutes to spare.
It was very very easy, the listening was too.

My average this year has been a solid 98 (I love my french)
What are you hoping to get Pandey? :D.
WOW!! 98?? That is sooo good!! I LOVE French too, for the entire week b4 the speaking exam I used to speak French with my friends. It was soo much fun!! Then after the exam, I was sad that it's over- i wanted to do it all again haha.
My average is like 83 haha. I screwed up all my listenings. But this time I did well I think. Hopefully I can get at least 90% for the HSC, and overall if I get a Band 6 for French, I'd be SUPER happy, but it will be hard :)

chopperboy87

HSC
N/A
WOW!! 98?? That is sooo good!! I LOVE French too, for the entire week b4 the speaking exam I used to speak French with my friends. It was soo much fun!! Then after the exam, I was sad that it's over- i wanted to do it all again haha.
My average is like 83 haha. I screwed up all my listenings. But this time I did well I think. Hopefully I can get at least 90% for the HSC, and overall if I get a Band 6 for French, I'd be SUPER happy, but it will be hard :)
Thanks :D. You're so lucky to have someone to talk it with! That's my dream xD. Listening is the hardest, they speak so fast and some of the people speaking speak really colloquially so you misunderstand words.
I'm just worried about scaling, it scales pretty bad ):

HSC
Thanks :D. You're so lucky to have someone to talk it with! That's my dream xD. Listening is the hardest, they speak so fast and some of the people speaking speak really colloquially so you misunderstand words.
I'm just worried about scaling, it scales pretty bad ):
Are u sure it scales bad? I used to think that, but a lot of ppl said that all languages scale well :/
Anyways, if ur average is 98, ur probs going to get really good in the HSC too, and any overall raw mark (school assessment + HSC combined) of over 90 will scale up (ok maybe a few will scale down like Hospo). But dw, French should scale u up 4 u!! Anyways good luck for the rest of ur exams :) I'm sure u'll do well :)

chopperboy87

HSC
N/A
Are u sure it scales bad? I used to think that, but a lot of ppl said that all languages scale well :/
Anyways, if ur average is 98, ur probs going to get really good in the HSC too, and any overall raw mark (school assessment + HSC combined) of over 90 will scale up (ok maybe a few will scale down like Hospo). But dw, French should scale u up 4 u!! Anyways good luck for the rest of ur exams :) I'm sure u'll do well :)
Forgive me, I may have over-exaggerated. It doesn't scale very well, the ones that scale well are the continuers well my overall raw was 98 after the trial :D.
I hope I do too, trying to get into dentistry!

Aw thank you, best of luck to you too!!!!!!!

HSC
Forgive me, I may have over-exaggerated. It doesn't scale very well, the ones that scale well are the continuers well my overall raw was 98 after the trial :D.
I hope I do too, trying to get into dentistry!

Aw thank you, best of luck to you too!!!!!!!
Oh yeah...I've gone on like the atar calculators, and yea...continuers get scaled heaps. if beginners and continuers were to both get 90, the continuers overall would be getting 5-6 marks higher than the beginners :( Oh well, we did our best, and it's over, all we can do is wait and hope 4 the best :)
And thanks!!! :)

chopperboy87

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah...I've gone on like the atar calculators, and yea...continuers get scaled heaps. if beginners and continuers were to both get 90, the continuers overall would be getting 5-6 marks higher than the beginners :( Oh well, we did our best, and it's over, all we can do is wait and hope 4 the best :)
And thanks!!! :)
Yeah I know, it sucks D; I came first out of my class though, so I don't know what that means in terms of moderation and alignment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)