french connection interview (1 Viewer)

emilydavis

HSC
thanks to those who helped me with my david jones problem- i left a message for my manager and have just been showing up for the shifts i can do lol.

that aside....

has anyone had an interview and/or worked at french connection before? i have an interview on thursday and want to know what to expect - how the place is for work, if its bitchy, if it pays well for a 19 year old etc. thanks!

thanks in advance xo

ioniser

HSC
I went for one of them before, its one of them interviews where you have to full on put on the act to entertain the crowd(other people there to stand out).Its pretty crap for pay as well, worser than David Jones you get 12 bucks an hour at french.

How did it go with your David Jones manager, did you quit ? I quit for that exact reason lol if you want to get better hours at dj only advice i can offer you is to get floater shifts in the holiday, then you will be able to meet new managers and ask them if they have empty shifts to fill that are minimal(if it works out then ask for a department transfer,also check the notice board for empty positions in other departments etc)

Last edited:

sweet-g

HSC
how did you get an interview at french connection? i wanna work there!! is this for the new store on pitt street ?

ioniser

HSC
theres several spots still available at virgin airport,Broadway and pitt street .You can apply through the website and expect alot of people at the interview.

emilydavis

HSC
yeah i didnt wind up rocking up to the french connection interview actually, i decided i wasnt bothered going to the city for work and i didnt want to deal with bitchy women shopping for clothes lol. yeah i just applied online, it was for the new pitt st store.

with djs, i wound up staying. i just rocked up to the shifts i wanted to after my menacing letter lol. then the following week i was able to work like everyday as a result of uni break... so ive redeemed myself. itll do for the time being. i think it looks a lot better on a resume then a store that started out as a partial dirty word (fcuk) hehe. so ill just hang for the time..

thanks for advice though! xo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)