french continuers (1 Viewer)

madelyn

HSC
Yeah, I actually liked doing it. The reading tasks were easy, far easier than the ones I had in the trials, and funny too.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
who the hell eats kangaroo meat at their wedding. honestly.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
like you guys i kinda have to say i enjoyed it aswell. If only i had picked up that thing about the star 'Alicia' eating kangaroo salad...sadly it evaded my ears. I knew it was something kangaroo but the phrase was spoken very fast. Oh well i don't think it's going to cost me my HSC.
But yeh...it was a really good paper. Miles easier than the trials.
The reading responding was RLLY sinch, and the composition questions were relatively open.
Anyway I'm sure everyone did well.
good luck with the rest of your exams...(eng paper 2 on monday eeeek!)

Bricktop

HSC
Yeah the kangaroo meat bit was the only part I know I missed too haha.

Fair enough that the reading was easy to understand, but the questions were the most generalised pieces of shit ever. The abundance of stylistics questions annoyed me, too.

particle1

HSC
to be honest i didn't think it was THAT great. the R&R was so RANDOM! like, where on earth did they pull that from? i mean, yes, internet is relevant to us, but the way it was presented etc. was slightly obscure...

and then for listening i thought there were too many marks allocated per question and not enough time to write. i agree the kangaroo salad was a bit odd, but in our trial we got something about a hippo being adopted by a tortoise!!

i guess all we have to do is expect the unexpected!

HSC
i found the listening and reading comprehension really easy.. i didn't need to use the dictionary at all for the reading which i was surprised about because for the trials i needed to a lot..
section II part b was a bit hard, the intranet stuff.. i think i missed the point in my answer, but yeah hopefully i did okay..
what options for part III did you guys do?
i did b for the first one and a for the second.. both were fairly easy..

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
I did b) then a) also. Easiest I think. The internet one was hard to get tenses etc in hey? Though one I thought.
The reading and responding (is that what its called? The Eloise's sister letter) was great. loved it

Quietly

HSC
best fun ever. pretty non-standard, though. In most way.
Listening was the easiest i've ever done.

agui01

HSC
Listening was alright though the timing in between the first and second readings I found shorter than usual. I, like many others, did also miss the part of the kangaroos.
Reading was easy. Reading Responding (internet thing) I found a bit hard and don't think I did too well.
Writings were easy but don't think my grammar was excellent.
Today was soo long with both French and Spanish continuers exams for me :s

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I thought it was quite good and much easier than our trial too! I agree with the lack of time between questions and between readings in the listening and thought there wasn't enough space for the last two questions - I hope they can read what i wrote :S
THe comprehensions were so short! And I didn't use my dictionary apart from the 'shoes' in the second one. I didn't like the 5 mark question because it was only language. The responding was crazy... isn't technology only receptive???
Writing tasks were boring I did 13a and 14a I think they were the easiest!
Good luck for extension for those who do it... 2 weeks!

licia101

HSC
yeah i agree it was suprisingly fun to do the exam, even studying for it was fun cos you can call watching french movies "research".

I managed to get the alicia serving kangeroo at her marriage to jean-luc thing but only because i was so excited to finally hear my name in a test

Punkkidd2005

HSC
i was worried about that kangaroo one, i thought i heard kangaroo salad so i wrote that down. when i discussed it with my other classmate he laughed at me. so i guess im right?

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Did anyone get Jean-Luc's last name? It sounded so odd that I thought it would be better to leave it than put my version of it in!

Carl_S

HSC
This was a fun exam! Probably due to the fact that it was incredibly easy...looking forward to Extension now and a nice Kangaroo Salad!

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Yeah I couldnt get it so I wrote Jean-Luc M.
It started with M and was long. I thought it would be betterto put ^ that than nothing...
I dunno. was it relevant? no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)