French exchange! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm going to major in French next year (at junior level, I took French in year 9 and 10 but have forgotten a lot unfortunately :(... really regretting not continuing it for 11 and 12 now!) and hope to go on exchange to France or a French-speaking country during my third year or so... but I'm worried I won't learn enough French in three years to actually study over there, since none of the classes would be taught in English. I know this is in a long time but I want to know more about it now so I don't get my hopes up, just in case... and I might reconsider majoring in French if I'm not confident about my chance to actually go somewhere I can speak it!

So my question is how strict are the exchange organisers (specifically for Usyd, but in general) at unis when it comes to language requirements? I plan to work my arse off during semester, of course, and spend two months during our summer break taking language classes in France next year. Will a high gpa for my language units convince them that I would be able to cope because my French will improve so much while over there? Or are they really stubborn about having "a strong level of fluency" before actually leaving?

Thank you in advance for any advice :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)