French Extension - Open High School? (1 Viewer)

loveforever

HSC
Hey everyone!
I'm thinking of doing Extension French through the Open High School in Yr 12.
At the moment I'm doing pretty well in Continuers, getting around 95% in school assessments. But I'm worried that I'll find the course difficult and have trouble staying motivated.
I was just wondering if anyone else has done this/is doing it at the moment? Or studying any level of French through the Open High School?
Any opinions, positive or negative, are welcome!
TIA

madham

HSC
hey Tia,
I think i am in your french class at OHS... ?
im in continuers, from Hurlstone.
That's heaps good you are getting 95%, are you coming first?
i got 82%.
Anyways, cya
Madie

loveforever

HSC
Hey Madham,
Thanks for replying! Sorry, I don't think I made it clear in my original post, that I'm actually doing Continuers at my school. But if I want to do Extension in Yr 12, I'll have to do it through OHS cos they don't offer it at school (we only have one Continuers class).
How are you finding doing Cont. with OHS? Is it hard to keep up with all the work? You're getting great marks, so it can't be too bad... :) Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do French at school, 'cos my teacher can be a bit *ahem* difficult sometimes...

DII

HSC
madham said:
hey Tia,
I think i am in your french class at OHS... ?
im in continuers, from Hurlstone.
That's heaps good you are getting 95%, are you coming first?
i got 82%.
Anyways, cya
Madie
bonjour madie. its me david from OHS french continuers. how did u go in ur half yearly exam

DII

HSC
loveforever said:
Hey Madham,
Thanks for replying! Sorry, I don't think I made it clear in my original post, that I'm actually doing Continuers at my school. But if I want to do Extension in Yr 12, I'll have to do it through OHS cos they don't offer it at school (we only have one Continuers class).
How are you finding doing Cont. with OHS? Is it hard to keep up with all the work? You're getting great marks, so it can't be too bad... :) Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do French at school, 'cos my teacher can be a bit *ahem* difficult sometimes...
if ur thinking of doin french at OHS u hav to be really motivated. since your dont see your teacher often u might slack off a bit (that happens to me) but if ur organised and motivated to do it through OHS its enjoyable, especially when u go to the face to face lessons

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
French extension is pretty hard, especially without a tutor, but it also depends on how self motivated you are. You need to be an independant worker if you want to study through OHS.

loveforever

HSC
Thanks for replying everyone!
I'm still not sure whether I'll end up doing Ext. or not... I don't think I'd confidently describe myself as an independent worker. But I really enjoy Continuers and I'm doing well.
:confused:
Anyway, thanks for the helpful advice :) I'll let you know if I choose to do Ext.

courtney123

HSC
DONT DO IT!!!!
I am currently doing the French Continuers in Year 12. The correspondance is really unreliable and the feedback and sporadic when it does come at all. You really have to do the whole course by yourself unless you have access to french teachers at your school. I am completely stressing out about the tests and the inability to cooperate with the Open High School is adding to the problem. Don't do it if you have another alternative ps im a guy whats your numbe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)