FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL, MEET-UP FRANCOPHONE!!! Calling all Frenchies!!! :) (1 Viewer)

Which film do you want to see? Choose ONE please!

• 10th District Court

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... And They Lived Happily Ever After

• Gilles' Wife

• The Giraffe's Neck

• I've Been Waiting For So Long

• Look At Me

• Me and My Sister

• Podium

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chepas said:
OK!!!

A later date perhaps then? As in, way into the future?

Perhaps we can do a double thing - go to the French Film Fest Sat arvo and in the early evening watch Les enfants du paradis at malkin's place? Sort of a big day, combined thing? That would be the Saturday after the 10th of March. (The 12th)

On the twelfth the following are playing at Norton St

1,30pm: French Cuts - Short Films
4.15pm: And They Lived Happily Ever After
6.30pm: Gilles' Wife
8.45pm: 10th District Court.

???

Movie for two hours, an hour and a bit to chez malkin, maybe making it an evening viewing of Les enfants?!!!
Malkin86 said:
The first Saturday in March is the 5th..

I'll renew the disc at the library, and re-ask my parents...
Chepas said:
Are you OK with a night time event, as in crashing your house then?

I'll leave it up to you guys to work out something. It's tricky co-ordinating peoples' lives...

I reckon we could figure something out so we can go french film festing. :uhhuh:

:D

malkin86

HSC
More news on the date on Tuesday evening - my Mum's in Canberra until then, therefore I can't ask her. And it would just be polite to ask both of them rather than trying to "sneak it by one" and just tellilng the other.

chepas

HSC
Haha. Cool. On the sly ;)

Meanwhile - what do you think of the idea of squeezing in a French Film Fest film along the way, malkin?

malkin86

HSC
I think it sounds cool, but for me, Saturday morning and Sunday had better be devoted to some BSc work.

chepas

HSC
Us as well lol ;). That's why I'm thinking Saturday arvo/evening/night. The 'let your hair down' period.

malkin86

HSC
Crud.
For the weekend of the 12th and 13th, I'll be doing an intensive training. Dammit, I'm not supposed to pike from my own event!! >:p Can we try again?

chepas

HSC
Nooo!!!

But, AHAHAH.. We're not going to believe this. I too am now occupado Sat 12th and then the following Sat 19th, and then the following Sat 26th. First - friends 18th/farewell-to-Europe party, then Easter show with Marching Band, then Aunty's 50th.

HURRAH :(.

How does a French Film Festival movie on a day that is convenient to all of us (during the week, a Friday?) sound?

I am determined that this will work!

How's your availability Hip?

OR.

We try something in April. :D But then no festivals are on and stuff :(.

Dang!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I'm available: any day apart from this weekend

.... (Saturday I have a few friends B-days and Sunday I'm stalking Princess Mary and Prince Frederik. HAHAHAH)

But any other time suits me fine... I think maybe we could work in some film festival flick one evening. Weekday. I get off work at 4 most days and it's not all that far to the city.

Oh and the 18th I'm going to Cher. So not the 18th.....

That's it I think.... I have a very uneventful life. :rolleyes:

chepas

HSC
New - Plans for the French Film Festival

MARY AND FREDERIK! I love Mary and Frederik! If only we had a few thousands hiding somewhere to go to one of their beneift dinners.

Re: Meeting.
Attention all Francofiles
FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL - LET'S GO!!!

OK. How about I propose a few dates and times and we can reject them as we go, so at least we have a jumping board off of which we can launch ourselves.

These are all for Norton St, Leichardt.

Friday, 11th March: 7pm LOOK AT ME
Friday, 11th March: 9.20pm AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Saturday, 12th March: 4.15pm AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER
Saturday, 12th March: 6.30pm GILLES' WIFE

Sunday, 13th March: 8.40pm PODIUM

Monday, 14th March: 8.30pm 10TH DISTRICT COURT

Tuesday, 15th March: 6.30pm PODIUM
Tuesday, 15th March: 8.30pm AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Wednesday, 16th March: GILLES' WIFE

Friday, 18th March: 7pm THE FIRST TIME I WAS 20

Sunday, 20th March: 6.30pm THE GIRAFFE'S NECK
Sunday, 20th March: 8.30pm I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG

Monday, 21st March: 6.30pm ME AND MY SISTER
Monday, 21st March: 8.30pm I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG

Tuesday, 22nd March: 6.30pm THE GIRAFE'S NECK
Tuesday, 22nd March: 8.30pm NOT ON THE LIPS

Wednesday, 23rd March: 6.30pm NOT ON THE LIPS
Wednesday, 23rd March: 8.30pm BY POPULAR DEMAND MOVIE ???

Please vote on which movie you want to see in the poll above, and post which session is convienient for you the most below.

The above listings are also a personal indication of my own availability, so. If three or more of us can do any one particular day - HURRAY mission accomplished!

Re: malkin's meet-up. How is your availbility for this still, malkin?

Merci pour votre fidélité et pour votre patience,
chépas :D.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
C'est parti.... :)

Two's company...

How about more to make it a CROWD? :D

malkin86

HSC
Little brother wants to see the french shorts (due to most of the others being 18+), and as for me, I dunno.. I'm finding uni a bit tough atm - I guess I just need to keep working at it. *has not voted*

Les Choristes is showing at UOW on the 18th of March at 19:30 - tickets are $3 prepaid, and $3.50 at the door.

Last edited:

piasimona

HSC
saluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

salut a tous!!! je viens d'arriver d'un sejour en france!!! et j'ai trop envie de continuer avec mon francais... vous pensez que ca serais bien si je viens avec vous?
ok english time haha been speaking french 24/7 for the past three months so i figure it'd be a wise idea ot get back on the english hahaha ummmmmmmmm so yeah i'm also doing french for the hsc this year and would love to come and meet with my fellow frenchies!!!!
is that ok with all?
im good for weekends but not the next two cuz i have mid-yearlies :S

let me know?

chaaauuuu

pia

chepas

HSC
BAH I HATE THIS STUPID THING.

I had a big message written, did Ctrl + C, cos I knew that it usually fails , but then I overrid my Ctrl + C with something else, so I lost the long message I just typed, cos my internet died.

ARGH

Anyway, it basically said:

Hi Pia! And welcome to le foyer français! I hope you'll find it a good place...

Re: FFF. One movie you all HAVE TO SEE. - Look at Me / Comme une image. EXCELLENT. Funny, poignant and clever. It is having another playing By Popular Demand at the Palace Cinema, Oxford St Paddington at 6h30 on Wed 23 March, the last day of the festival

One film YOU MUST NOT SEE AT ALL - A Common Thread / Brodeuses. Boring as, well, something really boring. Teen girl gets pregnant. She has passion for embroidery. Goes to woman for emroidery job, who just happens to be an embroider for big Paris faschion designers. She takes her in. This woman is Ariane Ascaride - or the one who plays Jeannette in "Marius et Jeannette" ;) - the ONLY catalyst for my seeing this espèce de merde. The movie ended so abruptly too -
"I'm having a girl. And I am going to tell mum about it" - End Scene, End Act, End Movie
. I WAS EXPECTING ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF OF DRONE!

Anyway - back to the future.

Hippy-La-Laa and I are going to the Wed 23 March session of "Not On the Lips" at 6.30. If there are people who want to join, feel free and indicate your availability! I'm sorry Pia, I'm unavailable the weekends too, but maybe midweek? Also - it's over 18s this movie :( The only non-18+ movies are "Look At Me / Comme une image" (which you HAVE to go and see if you haven't seen it already in France!), "Mondovino" and "Genesis", which are both docos, "The Giraffe's Neck" a drama I wouldn't mind seeing, and that godawful movie I talked about.

So - yar. Sorry if I am coming across in a schmitty mood, it's just that I hadn't counted on the whole thing dying on me!

To summarise:

* See "Look At Me / Comme une image"
* DON'T see "A Common Thread / Brodeuses"
* Most movies are R18+, malheureusement :(
* So far we're looking at "Not On the Lips", Wed 23 at 6.30, Norton St Leichhardt.
* If you want to go see the movies, I suggest buying tickets IN ADVANCE, as lines are atrocious and sessions often, if not ALWAYS sell out.

Regards,
chepas :D.

EDIT: kimmi I notice in the poll you voted for "The First Time I Was 20", but no indication of which session you prefer :p. Maybe the 8.45pm session on Thurs 17th at Oxford St? If we like being out 'that' late.... :rolleyes:??

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Well we saw 'Pas Sur La Bouche' last night. Crazy musical/love triangle/comedy thing. Only the French would even consider putting together such a bizarre combination. But it somehow worked. What was your verdict, Chep?

The American was hilarious. I was sitting there thinking, 'Gawd, I bet sound like that when I attempt to speak French'.... except better.... :D

Lots of singing/dancing numbers- I mean, in musicals it's mandatory to break out into song over just about anything. I've still got a little French musical going 'round and 'round my head. Argh!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to veging out in front of the television for the next three days watching the French DVDs "I bought for Mum". Ha! YAY!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)