French speaking at Newtown? (1 Viewer)

Stargal

Just wondering how many people went to Newtown for their speaking exam?How did you guyz find the examiners?

chepas

HSC
Yeah Newtown for me. My examiner was nice, seemed to be native (the accent gave her very much away) - Nathalie O'Carroll.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
was this on last weekend? last year french was on the same day as the usyd open day as well

chepas

HSC
Yeah, twas. It was a bit of a pain cos I only had enough time to go to USyd after, giving UTS a miss\.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
chepas said:
Yeah, twas. It was a bit of a pain cos I only had enough time to go to USyd after, giving UTS a miss\.
i was in and out very early, so i was lucky. it wasn't too bad though since newtown is near main campus

chepas

HSC
Well, the lady I had did, she was really nice. She told me to breathe and said I looked white as a sheep, which made me laugh, so yeah. All relaxingy etc. Also, she actually seemed interested in what I had to say, something I suppose would be really hard to maintain as the day went on, so having someone that is responsive to the student and not just a listening post helps as well, sort of a confirmation that it isn't in vain, the conversation.

That said, there are the reports of those who haven't had such rosy experiences, which is seems a bit bodgy, just hope for a good examiner!

I am waiting to see how relaxation-instilling the 3U examiners will be.... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)