• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

French Trial (1 Viewer)

haack_m

HSC
i did the naft trial too,

but i think mine was different, my writing was something abou ttelling a friend about australia, that is all i ca rememeber cause thats the one i did, but i cant rememeber much else about the test,

but the listening was a bitch, tis always

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
haack_m said:
i did the naft trial too,

but i think mine was different, my writing was something abou ttelling a friend about australia, that is all i ca rememeber cause thats the one i did, but i cant rememeber much else about the test,

but the listening was a bitch, tis always
Yeah, I did the same question.

I got 77% overall for the NAFT trial. Fuked up listening.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Yeah, I did the same question.

I got 77% overall for the NAFT trial. Fuked up listening.
I did the same trial...I got 74.5% which was crap, I came 3rd and 1st was only 81%

I stuffed up listening badly *funnily enough I got full makrs for tha killer 5 marker*
Listening 15/25
Reading and Responding 31.5/40
Writing 10/15
Speaking 18/20

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah did the Nafta trial, stuffed the listening, i normally get 24, 23 for listening ie in previous HSC ones and trials but i dunno what happened. Came second which sux

Speaking 19/20
Listening 19/25
Reading Responding 35/40
Writing 11/15 (dodgiest marking!)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaCe said:
Yeah did the Nafta trial, stuffed the listening, i normally get 24, 23 for listening ie in previous HSC ones and trials but i dunno what happened. Came second which sux

Speaking 19/20
Listening 19/25
Reading Responding 35/40
Writing 11/15 (dodgiest marking!)
Nice marks

I am just worried that my marks are indicative of the HSC :( oh well only time will tell

are you guys still waiting on ur letters telling u where the speaking is?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
melsc said:
Nice marks

I am just worried that my marks are indicative of the HSC :( oh well only time will tell

are you guys still waiting on ur letters telling u where the speaking is?
Not the best marks, I should be getting 24or 25 in listening and improve my reading marks a little. My writing lets me down a bit but that is because the content is gun its just because i marke stupid/careless mistakes. I've been doing french ofr basically 10+ years but HSC will tell all... (what are u aiming for melsc in french?) Hopefully i should be able to pull a low band 6 but anything can happen, could go higher, could go lower

Anyway i have to go to bowral for the speaking exam. I mean wtf! its on the 10th September right?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaCe said:
Not the best marks, I should be getting 24or 25 in listening and improve my reading marks a little. My writing lets me down a bit but that is because the content is gun its just because i marke stupid/careless mistakes. I've been doing french ofr basically 10+ years but HSC will tell all... (what are u aiming for melsc in french?) Hopefully i should be able to pull a low band 6 but anything can happen, could go higher, could go lower

Anyway i have to go to bowral for the speaking exam. I mean wtf! its on the 10th September right?
My writing always lets me down too, I am the same good content careless/stupid errors

I have been doing French since year 9, I actually was doing Italian in year 8 and there wasnt enough for a class in year 9 so I joined the cont french class and had to catch up so sometimes thats why my basics are a lil on the dodgy side too!

I'd love a 90 but I dont think I'll get it, I need a 90+ UAI so what ever will get me that I guess

I have no idea when my speaking exam is since they havent sent the letter to me for either French or Italian grrrr...where do u go to skool? I hope I dont have to go to Bowral? Yep 10th

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah i go to school in canberra, doing the HSC yey! Anyway, Speaking shouldnt be bad at all, the questions are piss easy so nothing big to worry about.

My teacher has no idea about the french HSC course, she hasnt taught french at an HSC level, and she hasnt taught us anything all year. Not a good thing but it makes u work harder i guess (as if anyone does work for french anyway)

Past french exams have been very good in terms of reading texts and listening items. The writing part in section III is good but the part B section II where you have to respond to a letter have been more challenging in the past, ie very specific ideas.

They always throw in a french exchange question in there and an article for a school magazine commenting on adolescent problems. What are your picks for the HSC?

haack_m

HSC
melsc said:
I did the same trial...I got 74.5% which was crap, I came 3rd and 1st was only 81%

I stuffed up listening badly *funnily enough I got full makrs for tha killer 5 marker*
Listening 15/25
Reading and Responding 31.5/40
Writing 10/15
Speaking 18/20
damn both of you whopped me, i got 64%

that was
reading 21.5/35
writing 7/10
listening 20.5/35
speaking 15/20

i think thats bout 2nd, but there is only 6 ppl in my class YAY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)