FRENCH vs. ITALIAN (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
In a nutshell:

Going into Year 11 next year, am planning to do HSC Japanese + Italian Beginners through Open High. But our school is (for the first time) offering French Beginners and this would be taught at school (eliminating any problems Open High might create).

I think Italian has more 'relevance' to me cause my family background is Italian, but french doesn't seem 'too bad'.

Just wondering if anyone who's studied them both (or one of them through Open High), could throw a few suggestions at me.

Thanks.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I haven't done anything through the OHS but I know some people who have, and they often end up not doing anything until the very last minute due to the lack of face to face teaching, and no one really checking up on you.
I think that student-teacher contact is important. How does the OHS work in regards to practicing oral skills and stuff?
Will your teacher at school be French? Does she have a reputation as a good teacher... if you know - as she might not have been there before. If your school offered French Continuers before, did they do well?

el gwapo

HSC
Ouch two OHS subjects. Obviously I don't know how well you can cope with it, I guess having an Italian background (and I'm inferring one of your relatives speak Italian) will make it easier but ultimately it's you who will learn the language. I've always learnt languages through a teacher and I believe that remains (after real exposure to the culture+country of langage) the best (well second best but in Australia the best) method of learning des langues

TNguyen

HSC
french vs italian? im afraid i can't answer that question, but i can give you some advice:

Listen to your heart
When hes calling for you.
Listen to your heart
Theres nothing else you can do.
I dont know where youre going
And I dont know why,
But listen to your heart
Before you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
Theyre swept away and nothing is what is seems,
The feeling of belonging to your dreams.

And there are voices
That want to be heard.
So much to mention
But you cant find the words.
The scent of magic,
The beauty thats been
When love was wilder than the wind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)