Friendly Message from the Library (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
(Maybe making a whole thread about this is overkill)

Found the other day on level 4 of the library. Was impressed by the respondent to the original comment (See pic), so --at the risk of offending-- thought I'd share for interest's sake. Please note there are some racist attitudes in the pic, so if you're offended by that sort of thing, don't click it. I'd hope we're all big kids now -- even any year 12s who come to visit... but that's not my call, so if the mods don't like this being on the board, please feel free to remove it.

NOTE TO ANY NON-MQ PEOPLE: this was found in a study area; I'm sure as you know messages like this are everywhere --other universities, included-- so beware of using it to generate your generalised impression of MQ or its students...

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
someone has been having fun with a camera phone (?) lately :p

X

xeuyrawp

Bah. I hate grafitti.

I wish they'd cover all the tables with paper or cardboard, to be replaced once monthly or something.

Also: I think I've heard that somewhere before, from my Asian friend who *loves* racist jokes.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
THeres also the penis on the top level. You sit at the desk and it looks like your penis is flopped on top of the table :|

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Its not THAT racist is it? Though I remember my primary school teacher kept saying that a few times to me T_T but I had no idea wtf he was on about then =D so I couldnt have cared less,

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
We were taught about that in history - I haven't really found any interesting grafitti - however, apparently it is considered as 'contemporary art' hrmmm...... I guess Uni doesn't have much grafitti cause of the guilty feeling - ie there is no point rebelling against the uni, whereas at high school you often felt more compelled to do bad stuff.
I like the cardboard idea - then we could doodle and such - and then the uni could put them up as art works - random - like those Thai Elephant paintings, we could have - freaked-out-before-an-exam-student painting...

Ok - i think i need to lie down before i say anything else random...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lcf said:
I guess Uni doesn't have much grafitti cause of the guilty feeling - ie there is no point rebelling against the uni, whereas at high school you often felt more compelled to do bad stuff.
haha you're so enthusiastic, i love it, did you feel like rebelling in your second week of highschool?

i figured uni would have more graffiti because it's less personalised so there is less guilty feeling. although friendly, it's more of a large institution rather than a tight-knit community.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I guess because high school is such a uniform thing (ie uniforms, all stuck in the same subjects with the same people) - sometimes people just want to break out and express their individuality or whatever by scriblling on stuff - there are better ways of doing it though. I reckon i was pretty good at high school, but towards the end I would be lying if i said i wasn't tempted numerous times to scriblle on things/desks/teachers and the like.....
The Uni is an institution I guess, but I still feel it has a sense of community to it - without the conformity - but agreed, it is not tight knit ie everyone knows of everyone...

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
iambored said:
someone has been having fun with a camera phone (?) lately :p
No no, carry a digital camera around with me in an attempt to be a photographer... Artistic, no? ;)

Tabris

HSC
U should have a look at the dungeon level near the stacks, it has an essay length argument for and against sexual awareness week on the walls, near the end

CieL

HSC
Am I the only one that can't see what the message says?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
try clicking on it
it gets bigger so you can read it

-_-;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)