Friends Boxed Sets only $26.82 each at Kmart (Seasons 1-9)! (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just thought I would let everyone know that might be interested that Friends Boxed Sets are only $26.82 each at Kmart for seasons 1-9. I do realise that the American versions have extra scenes, but I think that this price outweighs this disadvantage:).

pungpui

HSC
Merethrond said:
I just thought I would let everyone know that might be interested that Friends Boxed Sets are only $26.82 each at Kmart for seasons 1-9. I do realise that the American versions have extra scenes, but I think that this price outweighs this disadvantage:).
im goin 2 singapore/malaysia in jan n gonna buy it all...for under $20 MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
pungpui said:
im goin 2 singapore/malaysia in jan n gonna buy it all...for under $20 MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA
If people wanted pirated copies they could get them for free;).

pungpui

HSC
Merethrond said:
If people wanted pirated copies they could get them for free;).
yer but i dont know any1 wit the entire set of friends on dvd...man malaysia is heaven for pirated stuff...i got bloody Windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro for less than $AUD1.50! LMAO EAT THAT FUCKIN BILL GATES!!!

ryaneco

HSC
I know, i saw that in the Kmart catalouge, i'm so pissed off because i have all the seasons and i paid $59.62 for them, ARGHHHH!!!! Oh well, i suppose i've also had them for like 2 years.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THATS CHEAP!

These would usually go for around 60 to 70 bucks!

Too bad I dont have a job yet, and I have a formal tomorrow, so most of my money is going into that :(

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ryaneco said:
I know, i saw that in the Kmart catalouge, i'm so pissed off because i have all the seasons and i paid $59.62 for them, ARGHHHH!!!! Oh well, i suppose i've also had them for like 2 years.
Yeah, I already have seasons 1-8 Boxed Sets which I paid between $50 and $60 dollars for:(. Are yours the American versions:)?

ryaneco

HSC
Hey, Series 1 and 2 are the american version but the rest are the crappy Australian versions because i had brought the majority of them before America had even released the friends sets, the only reason i had to buy the American series 1 and 2 is because for the life of me i could not find season 1 and 2 anywhere!!!!! so i just settled for the US version, personally the only thing i dislike about our version is that they're flip disks which you have to be extra careful with or they scratch easily, the US special features aren't that great, i would love the audio commentary though, and i just brought season 10 it has FEATURES lol, a 45 min doco, a 3 part 55 min friends of friends featurette which interviews the gueststars over the years including mr and mrs gellar, 30 mins of bloopers - very funny, friends around the world a 7 min featurette about the show being broadcast in other countries hosted by gunther and a easter egg where we are shown fans of the show - stupid, but the feautres are great!!!!! and each episode in the series is the extended cut with most of them running for 25 mins instead of the regular 21 mins some episodes run for 30 mins so its well worth it, i love friends, i think im one of the biggest fans, i own all the dvds, the book, the board game, a mug and i'm getting my friends who is over in america to bring back even more friends merchandise!!!!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ryaneco said:
Hey, Series 1 and 2 are the american version but the rest are the crappy Australian versions because i had brought the majority of them before America had even released the friends sets, the only reason i had to buy the American series 1 and 2 is because for the life of me i could not find season 1 and 2 anywhere!!!!!
Me too. I didn't realise that the American ones had longer episodes until I had bought them:(. Did Australia get the Boxed Sets before America:eek:?

ryaneco said:
so i just settled for the US version, personally the only thing i dislike about our version is that they're flip disks which you have to be extra careful with or they scratch easily, the US special features aren't that great, i would love the audio commentary though
How are the DVDs in the American Boxed Sets stored? Yeah, it is pretty poor how they don't have any special features in the Australian versions:(.

ryaneco said:
and i just brought season 10 it has FEATURES lol, a 45 min doco, a 3 part 55 min friends of friends featurette which interviews the gueststars over the years including mr and mrs gellar, 30 mins of bloopers - very funny, friends around the world a 7 min featurette about the show being broadcast in other countries hosted by gunther and a easter egg where we are shown fans of the show - stupid, but the feautres are great!!!!! and each episode in the series is the extended cut with most of them running for 25 mins instead of the regular 21 mins some episodes run for 30 mins so its well worth it, i love friends, i think im one of the biggest fans, i own all the dvds, the book, the board game, a mug and i'm getting my friends who is over in america to bring back even more friends merchandise!!!!!!
Wow, you do seem dedicated. I only have Seasons 1-8 but I will probably be getting the others soon. Maybe not Season Ten for a while because we just saw that season:).

ryaneco

HSC
Hey yea Australia has had all the box sets for quite a while before the US, but as you can see it came at a cost, our season 7 box set is pretty good though because we get 2 different versions of each episode, one being the original broadcast episode the second being extended episodes, also the season 9 and 10 box sets have extra scenes in them running anywhere from 30 seconds longer to 10 mins longer in some episodes, so your not really missing out that much, and the quality of our dvds are better because its in the more superior PAL format not NTSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)