Friends of People who have a sibling wiht a disability (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Dizz

HSC
Hey if you guys are friends wiht people who ahve a disability or you are a person who has a sibling wiht a disability and feel like helping me with my CAFS IRP can you please answer teh below question. It doenst ahve to be an essay like two sentences or watever will be fine.

How does your friends personality(who has a sibling with a disability) differ to that of your other friends?

OR

Do you feel that by having a sibling with a disability your personality has been affected?

Thanx so much
xx

nandison

HSC
J-Dizz said:
Hey if you guys are friends wiht people who ahve a disability or you are a person who has a sibling wiht a disability and feel like helping me with my CAFS IRP can you please answer teh below question. It doenst ahve to be an essay like two sentences or watever will be fine.

How does your friends personality(who has a sibling with a disability) differ to that of your other friends?

OR

Do you feel that by having a sibling with a disability your personality has been affected?

Thanx so much
xx
HEY I MUST ADMIT THAT THIS THREAD IS DIFFERENT BUT SOMEHOW JUST CAUGHT MY ATTENTION....
but which do you mean disabled or handicapped???:rolleyes:

MTP

HSC
nandison said:
HEY I MUST ADMIT THAT THIS THREAD IS DIFFERENT BUT SOMEHOW JUST CAUGHT MY ATTENTION....
but which do you mean disabled or handicapped???:rolleyes:
lol, bankstown :p..

J-Dizz

HSC
either it doesnt matter, jsut any from of disability. i jsut need some mroe comments and opinions as myr esearch question has very little research in the wider community and so it makes it hard to find information on it. it hought this wya i can dicuss how others feel that children of a sibling with a disability behave. like is it different or is it exactly the same.

nandison

HSC
J-Dizz said:
either it doesnt matter, jsut any from of disability. i jsut need some mroe comments and opinions as myr esearch question has very little research in the wider community and so it makes it hard to find information on it. it hought this wya i can dicuss how others feel that children of a sibling with a disability behave. like is it different or is it exactly the same.
okay - people that are handicap i admire and adore them so much , because their thoughts and deeds are so pure and innocent , they have no sense of direction , i personally sometimes fear handicaps but really what there to be afraid of , they are harmless, they are normal people just like us ,they only need special attention. Some people that i know of , are freaked out by them and tease them , really what is their to laugh at and be scared at , handicaps dont have any idea why you do the things you do , but once you laugh at them you hurt their feelings , just like everyonr esle has feelings. I have a cousin who is disabled and his whole life his parents and sisters have looked after him , he's now 25 and still living with his dad, coz his mother died ladt year, over the years hes learnt what it means to be handicap and take care of himself in his own way ,although its not the way we would approve , but one again there minds are innocent and pure to what we think and in whatever they do , they always try. He now realises his mum is gone after a year and cries all the time , but he has also grown to appreciate his dad better and everyone else and has learnt to accept other peoples help.
Basically cut a long story short , i admire handicap people and people with disablilties and especially those who take time out or devote their wholelives into looking after them.

Shoubadoo

HSC
J-Dizz said:
How does your friends personality (who has a sibling with a disability) differ to that of your other friends?
My friend has a younger brother who has Down syndrome.
She has a 'normal' personality, just like everyone else.
She is in a very popular group of people and has never once been teased about her brother.
I supppose she can understand children with disabilities more, but none of her friends feel uncomfortable around her brother etc.
And so they shouldn't! :)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Rebekkie said:
I think it's really incredibly bad that a lot of people associate disabilities with people who have severe mental disabilities like down syndrome. For those who have physical disabilities, they are often just as smart as everyone else and depending on the severity of their disability, can go on to become incredible people. It's a horrible stigma that we have in this society.

I don't think that people with a physical disability really changes their sibling's personality as they're still interacting on the same level as everybody else. However, if someone has a sibling with a mental disability it can really affect them and they're generally pretty understanding people because of it. Either that, or they can resent it.
Thankyou, finally someone has some sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)