From 2012 (1 Viewer)

keithwf

HSC
N/A
Hey I've heard that from 2012, all students from all faculties will be offered a chance to do internship, get real life experience...is it true? if it is,,,so cool
I was about to enrol in FBE200and FBE300 but found out that I have to get the internship myself then apply for those subjects
hell!:hammer:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Hey I've heard that from 2012, all students from all faculties will be offered a chance to do internship, get real life experience...is it true? if it is,,,so cool
I was about to enrol in FBE200and FBE300 but found out that I have to get the internship myself then apply for those subjects
hell!:hammer:
I haven't heard about this, I would like to know as well....

As for FBE200 & 300 - have you tried using the Career Service and student societies to help you with getting an internship? Also, depending on what you want out of the unit, it may be an option to pick not-for-profit organisations etc for internships, a lot of them offer great experiences.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't heard about anything like this, but it could be a really good thing if it is true.

I'm seriously considering FBE200 next semester (although I have to admit I need to do a little more research on the unit as I've only got second hand information so far)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I haven't heard about anything like this, but it could be a really good thing if it is true.

I'm seriously considering FBE200 next semester (although I have to admit I need to do a little more research on the unit as I've only got second hand information so far)
I've heard lots of positive reviews about the unit so far, especially when it's becoming increasingly important to have relevant work experience. You can find the generic description here: http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2011/Units/UGUnit/FBE200 and you can find the unit outline from semester one here: http://www.businessandeconomics.mq.edu.au/faculty_docs/unit_outlines/FBE200_outline_2011S1.pdf

If you do FBE200, you can also choose to do a one year internship and just enrol in FBE300 for the second semester.

keithwf

HSC
N/A
anyone about to take FBE200 or 300 should be really keen to get an internship by every signle chance....go to WOrk Expo held at the campuses (not just in MAcquarie but other unis as well), apply online or take a look at CareerHub etc
cheers!

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
anyone about to take FBE200 or 300 should be really keen to get an internship by every signle chance....go to WOrk Expo held at the campuses (not just in MAcquarie but other unis as well), apply online or take a look at CareerHub etc
cheers!
you have gone to other unis work expo? their let you? don't you need to reg or something?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
cheers!
You can also research online or look at the Faculty's website/facebook page for internship opportunities.

keithwf

HSC
N/A
you have gone to other unis work expo? their let you? don't you need to reg or something?
ey you can enter via the "General access" one...or just coming along with a friend if u've got one
cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)