Front Page (1 Viewer)

Dario

HSC
I've got an idea. Instead of having a countdown for Days Till The HSC or Days Till The End Of The HSC, you could have a count of Number Of Times This Site Goes Down. That way, the counter would never seem static.

ben

Originally posted by Dario
I've got an idea. Instead of having a countdown for Days Till The HSC or Days Till The End Of The HSC, you could have a count of Number Of Times This Site Goes Down. That way, the counter would never seem static.
ROFL!!! :D :D :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's funny

but give these guys a break
that they could even b bothered to this for us shows the actually care..and we should thank them for at least trying, rather than whine wenever it goes down

T

tactic

i am really getting sick of people complaining we do the best with what we have

1. the site is 100% free

2. We make no money, so we cant afford to pay for hosting... hey here is an idea i got a quote for 10,000$ a month to host the site by a company in australia want to donate 10K a month and help us out?

3. We have free hosting donated to us from bong.com.au they arnt baout to shut down all other websites on their server just to make you happy. we are working on a few things either BUYING a server of our own to give to them or BUYING some hardware upgrades to help the system cope with the load.

4. if you knew of all the other things that have been happening and how stressfun they are i think no one would complain.. and no i am not telling you what those thigns are...

so here is an idea how about a simple 'Thank you' for running the site eh.

Dario

HSC
It was.

I'll also say thankyou to the guys and it wasn't a serious dig at the site.

slaad

I'd like to second Tactic's notion - I also understand that this was a joke, but bear in mind...

The server has been going down because it's being overwhelmed. I don't mind one iota hosting boredofstudies.org, but when it goes down, every other site we host also goes down. Which includes, but is not limited to, bong.com.au, fragfest.com.au and a bunch of my own personal stuff (Which is - of course - the most important ;)).

Slaad - The guy who makes the server [not] work.
(I just wanted to post)

PS. Good luck to everyone in their HSC. The moment you leave your last exam is the most exhilarating moment in your life... until you realise you have another 5 years of exams thanks to Uni ;)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Thanks lads, you all do a great job :)

Just curious...but how much time do you fullars actually put into this site?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Big thanks again, I'm sure my UAI is only possible because of your help.

Have you found a way to reduce the load on the servers? I'm thinking website redesign... but I'd have no idea how to do it and you'd only have time to fix up the main page and the sections...

T

tactic

tonight (proberly) i will be setting up a secondary server to put the forums on.. thanks to someones generosity!

the main page will stay here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)