Frontline Assessment!! (Journal) (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Hey guys!

I have an english assessment coming up where I need to compose a journal, reflecting mainly on my study of Frontline. One of the marking guidelines says we are required to be 'exceptionally reflective on our own processes of responding and composing.' Does anyone have any hints or done something similar?

Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated! :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Reading the paper everyday would be a start ;)
The ABC's site - MediaWatch and the program itself is a good place where plagiarism and contradiction in the media is often ridiculed and exposed.
Films like Wag The Dog, TV shows like Big Brother (even all reality TV shows). Ummm isnt there a thread for related material ?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
make sure you include how you feel about certain scenes/quotes/characters/episodes etc.. and any questions that may have been raised as a result, or how it changed your understanding of the media etc..

to me - it sounds like you really need to refer to yourself - using "i" a lot - "i felt"/"i realised"/"i understood" etc.. and how your way of composing may have changed as a result of watching frontline - eg. you may now be able to use satire more effectively etc..

04er

HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
make sure you include how you feel about certain scenes/quotes/characters/episodes etc.. and any questions that may have been raised as a result, or how it changed your understanding of the media etc..

to me - it sounds like you really need to refer to yourself - using "i" a lot - "i felt"/"i realised"/"i understood" etc.. and how your way of composing may have changed as a result of watching frontline - eg. you may now be able to use satire more effectively etc..
woah Ballarinabarbie you rock!!! :D I especially like the 'satire' bit. Thank you legend! :cool:

elven_princess

yeah, we have to keep a journal for front line too..reflect on what we discussed in class, refer to one epi of Frontline..and yeah..those sorta things T____T

HSC
Originally posted by 04er
Hey guys!

I have an english assessment coming up where I need to compose a journal, reflecting mainly on my study of Frontline. One of the marking guidelines says we are required to be 'exceptionally reflective on our own processes of responding and composing.' Does anyone have any hints or done something similar?

Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated! :)
write reflections on anything you have learnt about 'telling the truth'...
and then write reflections on YOUR PROCESS e.g. what you have written may not be as useful as you think - you may be biased because your teachers think that something is useful...?

just an idea...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
I've done an assessable journal, but not for this topic. mine is as a component of my major work for extension history. we have to reflect on the processes etc. v. similiar i think to what u are describing, except on a far larger scale. anyway, if it is, some ideas...
put in quotes from other people discussing the nature of truth etc.
put in ideas for different characters etc. for the composing section
the main point is that you need to include something about your opening opinions of Frontline, its issues, the nature of telling the truth etc. and the show how this has changed/devloped etc. over the course of your study. make up differences in opinion if you have to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)