• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Frontline- Assessment (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
Hi ppl,

I have an assessment on Frontline in which I have to compose a letter
to a forum organiser and propose what i would present to the public regarding
media representation and truth.

What i would like to know is how would you talk about techniques in a letter?

And another thing how would you use the AJA code of ethics as a related material, like how would you analysis it since there aren't many techniques in it or do you just use it to support how frontline breaks the code of ethics.

Thankyou in advanced.:)

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
I would advise against using AJA Code of Ethics as actual related material, rather, you should make references to it.

as for techniques, you would talk about it the same as you would in an essay;

'The cynical representation of Frontline is reinforced by the juxtaposition of the current affairs parody, "Frontline" against it's 'behind the scenes' footage, documenting the journalistic practice of the characters who, ironically, unabashedly engage in ... (insert stuff about AJA code here with specific example.. brooke & the editing etc)' ... This duality in "Frontline's" representation allows responders clarity in discerning the extent of truth manipulation.'

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I find the best way to deal with these kind of assignments is through roleplay (in your head not on paper) - pretend that you are a character, maybe Lisa Simpson, writing a letter to this forum organiser saying how you(she) would have done the presentation on media and truth. So this gives you your stance - the media are deceptive about the truth, and you outline how you will show this in your upcoming presentation eg 'the way the media uses [insert technique here] to [insert effect here]'.

It would be personally addressed to this group and written specifically for them so it would be less generalised then you might write for an essay, but more proffessional than say with a diary. So use of formal language is a must.

I'd also go against using the Code of Ethics as a text, that would just end up as a train wreck IMO. Though as the above poster has stated, casual reference to it wouldn't hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)