Frontline: need help (1 Viewer)

chantelle 993

for related texts for Frontline is The Truman Show ok to use and that show CNNNN the satrical program based on CNN in the U.S.A????

can any body help?????

superbird

HSC
"evil angels" directed by fred schapii and "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee are two very good ones.
the truman show is good but make sure u get some quotes from it to bak up wat ur saying. its a little too general though i think.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
the trman show can be done very well
however it is a hsc prescribed text... not too sure if ull get marked down for it

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm our teacher advised against using the truman show because it is a standard english set text and its not really showing your skills of analysis because there are so many study guides on it and what they say is pretty typical of what people write..
i would also advise against using CNNNN because it is pretty similar to frontline and you would be talking about the same kinds of issues..
you are supposed to seek related texts in a variety of mediums so they shouldnt all be film texts.. so you can talk about a wide range of techniques and ways of presenting the truth
umm im not quite sure why your teacher didnt tell you this when you did assessment tasks in relation to telling the truth.. its a bit late now but theres a sticky thread in the module c section with a bundle of related texts (some good articles too)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
try encompass more than one medium . cnnnn is like frontline sotra.. well ive never watched it but it sounds like the same satirical comedy type show

bubble_tea

shudnt this be in the english forums?

I think the truman show is ok to use, i don't see why not.. so what if its a prescribed text for standard, my teacher recommended us to use 'life is beautiful' as a related text for one of our modules.

its what you say about it that matters, and I think that truman show is quite relevant for this topic.

call the advice line for pro-advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)